body modification in australian culture through both genders. QUESTIONNAIRE FOR PIP! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllTimeLow

HSC
Re: body modification in australian culture through both genders. QUESTIONNAIRE FOR P

IF YOU HAVE BODY MODIFICATIONS:
male - female ? Female

what are your body modifications? Three lobs piercings on each ear, left lip, navel

what were your parents reactions? Everything was fine, except my lip. I got grounded for a long time.

where did you get it done? Lobes at a chemist, everywhere else at a Tattoo Shop

how have your friends reacted? Some alright, others disgusted.

what attracted you to body mods? They're like hairstyles, they can express you.

how did you find out about them? My brothers ex-girlfriend when I was 8.

do you frequent body modification sites such as bmezine? Yeah

do you think body modifications restrict your acceptance in culture? Definantly. I can't many jobs with my lip ring in.

do you worry if it will affect career options? Sometimes.

do you plan on removing unpermanent mods when your older? Once I have kids.

do you regret any mods? Never.

Idk if you need this still :)

LuciLikeWhoa

HSC
Re: body modification in australian culture through both genders. QUESTIONNAIRE FOR P

male - female ?

what are your body modifications? tattoo on my ankle

what were your parents reactions? it was a 16th birthday present from my mum

where did you get it done? tattoo parlour in wollongong

how have your friends reacted? they reacted in a positive way

what attracted you to body mods? to me tattoos are a way of expressing who you are. the tattoo that i have now took alot of thourght. i wasnt going to get a cliched tattoo. i wanted something that meant something to me, made it more personal i guess.

how did you find out about them? ive always known about tattoos my uncle had one leg and both arms covered in tattoos and my aunty also has tattoos.

do you frequent body modification sites such as bmezine? no

do you think body modifications restrict your acceptance in culture? yes, people look at you in a different way. but in saying that people around my age are more accepting, because more than often they have piercings or tattoos as well.

do you worry if it will affect career options? no. as i said its on my ankle so its easy to cover up with long pants.

do you plan on removing unpermanent mods when your older? no

do you regret any mods? nope. im planning on getting another 3 tattoos.

help me out please?
http://community.boredofstudies.org...esearch/243135/design-tech-survey-movies.html

sairza

HSC

IF YOU DONT HAVE BODY MODIFICATIONS:

male - female? female

do you understand what is meant by body modifications? yes

if yes, do you like the appearance of them, dislike, or unfussed? i think they're hot

would you ever undergo body modification? yes, cant decide which one i want first

do you have any piercings (unstretched)? yes - ears, nose - getting dimples

do you believe it would restrict job opportunities for people with mods? possibly

do you think people with body modification blend in with society difficultly or easily? depends on the culture and environment they are from / in

do you know any one with body modifications? no, im the crazy one of my friends

do you notice people with body modifications? all the time because im looking for the ones i want to see how they look on other people

in general, do you believe body modifications add or detract to a persons appearance?</SPAN> defenately add !

princessashe

HSC

male - female ? Female

what are your body modifications? 3 ear piercings in each each ear

what were your parents reactions? Not a problem

where did you get it done? Salon for four holes, Year 7 English for the other two

how have your friends reacted? Well they thought the last two were a bit stupid

what attracted you to body mods? Earrings are pretty and fun to play with. I never wear them now though.

how did you find out about them? ???Common knowledge???

do you frequent body modification sites such as bmezine? No

do you think body modifications restrict your acceptance in culture? Not to me as mine are minor but I guess people with significant body modifications may feel ostracised in some situations. A lot of employers, particularly in the customer service industry, dislike piercings, tattoos etc.

do you worry if it will affect career options? See above

do you plan on removing unpermanent mods when your older? Ehh

do you regret any mods? Ehh

Sorry not sure if that really counts but heck thought I would give it a go. Hope it helps and good luck with your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)