• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Body found in Lismore - Too close to home! (1 Viewer)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
Even now this is freaking me out.

I remember being on my way home, in a sh*tty mood because of working a 10 hour shift at Woolworths the night the German chick disappeared. For anyone else who hasn't been following go to Google news and type in Simone Strobel...

Anywho....What was so scary was on the Thursday when a body was found at Oaks Oval, I was driving in to town (and I usually have to pass Oaks Oval anyway to get into town) I was shocked to see heaps of police cars, and coroner vans, and SES ppl there, all flagging me down, telling me to go on a detour they had made. It freaked me out! B/c the min I saw the police all grouped where the body was found, I instantly thought of the German girl.

But I think what has affected me most is now I don't feel safe in Lismore....and I hate that feeling. I was even worried when dusk came today b/c I was still in town and was instantly like...omg, I need to get out of here! Also, I've noticed both the community and I look at each other differently.....like..."did you do it!?"
I even freak out now at any sound I hear in the house at night!!

And I think what finished me was when I was driving home, as I passed the spot, all these people where there with candles and that was really touching, that our really strange community came together like that to mourn someone who doesn't even live here, and someone they don't know. I'm thinking of going there and paying my respects.

I dunno - we've never ever had a murder in our town that wasn't relationship-related (as in: 'Brother/best friend/wife/husband, you stole my money! *stab* Oh sh*t!')

This just blows everything out of the water now!

hatty

Banned
thats scary, i would put some bars on the windows, or install an alarm or something, or even move to another place. make sure u arent walking around at night all alone without at least machete. thats what i do, and ive never been kidnapped

Jiga

Not sure if theres to much cause for alarm, although I would be precautious. I remember one time when a person was shot and killed up the road from me, I even drove past the house seeing all the bullet holes etc through windows, that was a little worrying. Luckily they found the person who did it though :)

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
yeah how fucked is it? i jus moved 2 lismore 4 uni, n then some packpacker gets killed, makes u think twice, although after uni bar and then the one on thursday night, we still walked home across oaks?

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
well, I think without being too cruel - someone with limited english, clearly looking like someone not from that area, walking around at 11:30 at night - it's kinda like...well what do you expect? although I feel really sorry for her and her family etc, I still think she's an idiot for even thinking of the idea of walking around at night.

Apparently, two ppl have come forward saying that there was a weird smell in the road drain (right next to the recycling station/parking lot bit) and one guy who was mowing the lawns at Oaks Oval said he saw nothing near the bushes, or even smelt anything weird on the Monday/Tues (.?) he mowed it near where she was found.

My theory is, and has always been she was dumped there - simply b/c of knowing what goes on during the night. There are usually groups of boys or bums or what not hanging around/wandering around that area - they are harmless - the most violence you get from them is when they say "Hey sista, can I have some change?"...but anyway, I'm thinking the many Oaks Oval locals would have noticed something, as that bunch of bushes is a prime bong smoking area.....so if there was a body there the whole time, I don't think they would have avoided telling someone (especially when they'd get a chance to be on tv!)

My friend who knows the ppl who own the caravan park and its permanant residents thinks its this weird guy who lives there was recently released from jail on rape and assult charges....If there is such a man, I'd probably be steering towards that b/c the dumping is so sh*t and unplanned etc..

BTW> what uni course are you doing??

Last edited:

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
b. social science....

ahh yeah, but STILL, did u read the nothern star the other day with that fat old guy without a shirt on saying he thinks she deserved it, cos she was 'wearing a skimpy top'...thats bullshit, i kind of agree with u, tho i think she felt comfortable in such a small town, and so she should...

r u from around here? or did u move here 4 uni?

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
yeah, I remember reading that - I love that guy, simply b/c he thought he had the nerve to say that when he had a beer gut sticking out, short shorts and such...it was like...why don't you dress a little more conservatively before you shoot your mouth off.

I didn;t mean the dress she was wearing, b/c there are more skankier ppl wearing more revealing stuff than she would have been wearing....just the whole "I'm gonna go for a walk near midnight..." that's just stupid.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Most murders arent random. I think youre safe unless someone you know wants you dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)