• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Body For Life: BoS Challenge - Starts Monday! (1 Viewer)

muscleman09

HSC
This is the shit u need to do to lose weight or the method to use when cutting. But make sure u dont snap one day and go fuck it and go on an eating rampage and eat all sugary/carby things in site because then u will kick ur body out of ketosis.

yeh ur exactly right, not only will your body not expect it and take you out of "routine" but it also has an effect on your future performance, as in the next day you feel shit for binging the night before and then u think ... meh i cant b fkd doing this anymore... so yeh

greekgun is right, no snapping allowed days :D

quik.

HSC
This is the shit u need to do to lose weight or the method to use when cutting. But make sure u dont snap one day and go fuck it and go on an eating rampage and eat all sugary/carby things in site because then u will kick ur body out of ketosis.
Just so nobody takes this the wrong way, a ketosis diet pretty much has you on 0 carbs. If it has carbs in it, you can't eat it. The limit is around 20-30g of carbs and that is from green veggies for the most part. Gets your body burning fat though.

muscleman09

HSC
Just so nobody takes this the wrong way, a ketosis diet pretty much has you on 0 carbs. If it has carbs in it, you can't eat it. The limit is around 20-30g of carbs and that is from green veggies for the most part. Gets your body burning fat though.

thanks for sharing that :)

btw, if you were to follow this 'ketosis' diet, would that mean, it has no use for weight training? because you need higher amount of carbs in your diet for energy right?

Is this like a pure fat loss diet?

EDIT:

I just did a quick research on Ketosis;

Its quite dangerous, a Protein only diet which usually lasts for 3 days, or until a person urinates protein. You lose a lot of fluid, then fat (super fast weight loss diet), however it is actually a dangerous diet (proves to be fatal, leading to kidney failure and damaging the liver)

Body builders tend to go on a Protein only diet before their shows, until they reach the state of "ketosis" (meaning urniating protein)... umm yeh, its quite dangerous ALSO, if doing this the person on this diet MUST NOT DO ANY CARDIO, because you are on a 0 energy diet... so yeh

not recommended, but proves to be useful for bodybuilders i guess lol... they usually drink minimum amounts of water, in order to remove as much fluid from the body, in order to reveal the "toned" body.

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
A lot of bodybuilders use it for their cutting cycles. Although it shouldn't affect training too much. You feel like ass for about a week as your body starves for carbs and switches what it uses for fuel, after that most people feel great.

If you were looking at a period where you specifically wanted to put on mass, or focus on strength gains (I mean really focus, not simply 'I want to get stronger' but a real plan), then I would definately use carbs. For general fitness and exercise I don't see it being an issue.

muscleman09

HSC
i guess so.

so if a person wants to increase their overall strength and fitness, carbs is a way to go... just dont over do it.

So would nyone know anything about this? Is it better to say cut carbs out of your diet completely after say... 3pm?

Or is it best to continually have it but in minimum portions compared to ur protein sized meal?
Anyone able to shed some light on this? would be helpful =)

quik.

HSC
Imo the mindset to have, apart from a balanced diet, is that you have to 'earn your carbs'.

Boils down to making sure you keep up the intensity with exercise, if you half ass it in the gym / on the track / during saturdays game, back down on the carbs. If you monster it, sure have a little extra.

At the end of the day you can eat only mars bars if you want, but to lose weight you have to burn more mars bars than you eat.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Re: BODY FOR LIFE BoS CHALLENGE STARTS MONDAY!

LOL, so youre suggesting he do a minimum of at least 3 hrs working out per day?
think your funny u wanker. 1 hour cardio (walking is even fine) a day..5 or 6 days a week. Include 3 or 4 weight training sessions a week, and keep 1 or 2 days off for rest.

muscleman09

HSC
Imo the mindset to have, apart from a balanced diet, is that you have to 'earn your carbs'.

Boils down to making sure you keep up the intensity with exercise, if you half ass it in the gym / on the track / during saturdays game, back down on the carbs. If you monster it, sure have a little extra.

At the end of the day you can eat only mars bars if you want, but to lose weight you have to burn more mars bars than you eat.
hahaha, i guess in the end it is a sort of game, will a mind game that is.

Thats wat i follow with your intensity thought, the half assin/ monstering work outs =) reward yourself :p

Cisco-Kid

HSC
thanks for sharing that :)

btw, if you were to follow this 'ketosis' diet, would that mean, it has no use for weight training? because you need higher amount of carbs in your diet for energy right?

Is this like a pure fat loss diet?

EDIT:

I just did a quick research on Ketosis;

Its quite dangerous, a Protein only diet which usually lasts for 3 days, or until a person urinates protein. You lose a lot of fluid, then fat (super fast weight loss diet), however it is actually a dangerous diet (proves to be fatal, leading to kidney failure and damaging the liver)

Body builders tend to go on a Protein only diet before their shows, until they reach the state of "ketosis" (meaning urniating protein)... umm yeh, its quite dangerous ALSO, if doing this the person on this diet MUST NOT DO ANY CARDIO, because you are on a 0 energy diet... so yeh

not recommended, but proves to be useful for bodybuilders i guess lol... they usually drink minimum amounts of water, in order to remove as much fluid from the body, in order to reveal the "toned" body.
all protein diets are a very effective method for fast weight loss and muscle toning...the person will feel miserable (lack of carbs), but nothing along the lines of death...wtf.

muscleman09

HSC
all protein diets are a very effective method for fast weight loss and muscle toning...the person will feel miserable (lack of carbs), but nothing along the lines of death...wtf.

incorrect, the state of 'Ketosis' is when a person is on a Protein ONLY diet, meaning no carbs, and can go on like this for a week or so...

Feeling miserable? yes... and fatal? yes... Ketosis also means no water, or lack of it, therefore damaging your kidneys... and if you continue to enter the state of "ketosis" you will continue to damage both your kidneys and liver, which in end will eventually prove fatal if you do not change your diet. Its a diet fooor fasttt weiight loss, (Mostly Body Fluid is lost)... thats why body builders do it..

soo yeh... proving to be fatal is a long term effect from this...

muscleman09

HSC

thanks for tooting?

yeh i see what your saying, but you say everyone should have a balanced diet with substantial amounts of exercise..... if your a fat whore like my self, u need to change your diet dramatically, like mostly protein intake and reduced amount of carbs... even though our bodies should be taking in a balanced amount, i agree with that totally

just for the people who r already fat, they need to change their diet dramatically and not have the 'balanced' diet... if their looking for faster weight loss.

thnx

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

tl;dr being naturally skinny rocks.

HSC
thanks for tooting?

yeh i see what your saying, but you say everyone should have a balanced diet with substantial amounts of exercise..... if your a fat whore like my self, u need to change your diet dramatically, like mostly protein intake and reduced amount of carbs... even though our bodies should be taking in a balanced amount, i agree with that totally

just for the people who r already fat, they need to change their diet dramatically and not have the 'balanced' diet... if their looking for faster weight loss.

thnx
have fun with scurvy. :)

quik.

HSC
thanks for tooting?

thnx
Fast weight loss generally equates to unhealthy weight loss... considering you got yourself into the mess in the first place, you might want to take on board what people who study this stuff have to say.

Last edited:

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A

Your eating plan is ok. BUT your workout program is the worst program i have ever seen! 20min cardio in a day? (ONLY!) are you bloody serious? Minimum should be 45-60 mins a day and include strength resistance straight after or before to keep your heart rate elevated for the next 48 hours.
agreed. if your really serious about cardio i'd be trying to get well into the 1-2 hours mark. not necessarily all at once, but really 20 minutes is overly-minimal for any fitness level. its recommended to get 30 minutes EVERY DAY. less than that, less days a week, is not a good aim really.
about your diet.. i think thats abit too much protein for the amt of training
depends on how hard the body is worked.if OP is considering just 'toning' the muscles, they'll probably piss most of it out, because it isn't needed as much.but if they are really trying to build some muscle, i don't think thats too much. again though, it really depends on exactly what they are doing.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Fast weight loss generally equates to unhealthy weight loss... considering you got yourself into the mess in the first place, you might want to take on board what people who study this stuff have to say.
very true. biggest loser is a joke, attempting to lose so much weight every week is unhealthy, hence why a remarkable number struggle to keep it off.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
thanks for tooting?

thnx
No, such diets are dangerous and you should not be advocating them at all. There is no quick fix for being overweight. I notice your diet is extremely low in fat, not just carbs - my whole point in posting my thread is to point out the C:p:F ratio. You can literally starve to death if you do not properly balance C:F with P, and advocating such diets like you are now is irresponsible at best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)