• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Boat People (1 Viewer)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
hey im speaking from experience here... im a boat person. i am evil... i steal... do drugs... gang rape... really... i can prove it. :D

i was just being sarcastic LOL. ;)

there are evil in all kinds of different people but thats not the reason to not help the needy or the desperate. if they're desperate enough to come on a boat then how dare you ship them back just because you think they're not useful. the hardest working people in this country are immigrants and thats because no one will give them a good job because of their background and language difficulties. some immigrants have 2 or 3 jobs... one of my dad's friends who is from russia is working in a laundry shop because australia don't recgnise his qualifications as a uni proffessor in his homeland. but there are others who are not so good. but its not like everyone in australia is perfect either. :p

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Rorix
You know, I doubt everyone knew what Godwin's Law was when reading my post. However, they probably put some effort into researching it (that is, if you call clicking on the first link in Google effort).
im too lazy to even read it properly

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
hmm asquithian i totally agree with u! and as for the guy who said that should join the queue and wait their turn legally U R A DICK! in most of the countries where the majority of refugees come from there ARE NO formal means of immigration. ie. in the refugee camps in the middle east there are no Australian embassys for the people to go 2!

Alexander

Gold Member
Ive wanted to jump in on this argument for so long and just be devil's advocate for the HELL OF IT (more accuratly, due to the hols), and I think it'd be fairly easy, but my consious says no...I feel like some big barking evil dog on a leash about to break. "I'm-a-comin Jonny!"

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hmmm
the herd/ozi battla pretty much sum it all up for me. the lyrics for their song "77% (Tampa Tantrum)"

well i'm left sitting here, staring into a beer
shaking my head at the same old loathing and fear
stranger in my own land, i can't understand
how the very word australian has just been damned
i fuckin hate myself, take ozi from my name
erase this endless shame, forever casting blame
if you don't act the same will i destroy you?
everyone looks the same beaten black and blue

and so i've had enough of these redneck pricks
when fact is the only real shit that sticks
watch as i tear the very skin from my face
so none'll see my race -- my deep disgrace
you're not even from here in the first place!
and those that are you wanna further debase
nup, no more, never again whether by fist or pen
i will defend -- cos i'm at a loose end

the shattered remnants of aussie dignity
i'm a skip, whitey, round eye, surprise me
use your shriveled brain to please explain
how the clever country just went down the drain
we rode the sheep's back now the sheep ride you
if this is how it's gunna be don't call me true blue
i denounce my ancestors, wounds still fester
if you say it aint so i suggest ya wake up

CHORUS
wake up -- this country needs a fuckin' shake up
wake up -- these cunts need a shake up
(repeat 4 times)
wake up

talkback? squawking hacks -- won't relax
until jonesey, zemanek + laws are all axed
77 percent of aussies are racist
if you're here - i'll say it your faces
rich redneck pricks still hold all the aces
i'll buy ya a beer - with an arsenic chaser
better off dead? is that what i've said?
tempting to take for all the blood you've shed

no doubt you're as bad as your dads and your mums
mainstream media making me so fuckin glum
anglo reality -- intellectual cavity
channel 9 fostering prejudiced mentalities
i won't be a casualty -- just mention casually
that i won't stand for you shit-eating bullies
preying on peeps without a mainstream voice
most of you stay silent but i've got no choice

CHORUS, as above

well i've yelled my lungs out, but to no avail
well i've yelled my lungs out, but to no avail
well i've yelled my lungs out, but to no fuckin avail
but you're a stranger yourself, now that's the sting in the tail

captain cook was the very first queue jumper
it was immigrant labour that made australia plumper
enough is enough -- whiteys, go pack your stuff
don't wanna live in england? that's fuckin tough

i'm sick and tired of this redneck wonderland
most of you stay silent and i can't understand
i just can't understand
it's time for you to...

CHORUS, as above

(note: the statistic in the title refers to an opinion poll that said 77% of australians agreed with john howard's actions on the tampa)

Alexander

Gold Member
What do you think of Latham's proposal? To treat the refugees more compassionatly, but really hack on the smuggler's?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i don't think latham's plan is perfect, but in the end it's two sides of the same coin, and his is just the shinier, more humane side, so i'm forced to support it when the only other real option is that of the howard's government

Alexander

Gold Member
That blubber of an immigration minister said that it basically told aspiring boat people "if you can afford a smuggler, cmon down, go for it and you'll eventually end up living here".

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
ohhh shutup... there is always wommera for the cheats!

Alexander

Gold Member
*ditz alert*....man ur pic is appropriate.

Anyway, will anyone be rooting for Democrats and Bartlet after his trip to Naru detention centre?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
oh n look at u.... hitlers bunker... with the matrix... what are u ??? some kinda psycho terrorist cross nerd

LiKe A FiSh

HSC
N/A
let them in..most of these countries dont have legal ways of getting into australia, when it all comes down to it Australias got this policy on refugees because they are scared Bin Laden's cousins going to set up camp in Lakemba and blown up the opera house, but ive done a bit of work with refugees and they are beautiful people who have already been through so much and risk their lives and life savings to provide a safe, peaceful future for their families, and to all those who say we haven't got got enough room, i guess we will just have to lock up you young liberals in the middle of the desert wont we?

LiKe A FiSh

HSC
N/A
the only thing the boatpeople did wrong was turn up on the tampa a couple of weeks before the federal election allowing johnny rotton and his friends to sneak in another term

Alexander

Gold Member
Originally posted by SKA
oh n look at u.... hitlers bunker... with the matrix... what are u ??? some kinda psycho terrorist cross nerd
Lol, im sorry. Call me crazy, but I have an odd feeling we'll be married some day.

Anyway, 'the following is a short lesson on how to be unpopular':
I dont think that you can argue that it would be extremely easy to open our floodgates to anyone who wants in. It's just not realistic...its obviously contraversial, but unservicable.
The only issue for me is to have them quickly processed, and not having fucking women and children behind razor wire in the middle of the desert, that is sick and wrong....but THEN i think that they obviously need security, so they dont break out..and they're less likely to be successful in remote areas. ..
It'd be great for them to be incorporated into the workforce, but the unskilled (or unrecognised skills) the majority have, aren't appropriate for a service workforce like Australia's and exploitive factory work is conducted in countries they escape from.
Its a catch-22, in my thatcherite-view, but ive always been open to sensible and sustainable ideas, where ever they are.
'Authorised by a. millar, all major political parties, canberra'

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
ur such an idiot aye???

well i think that boat peoples should be alowed in...... provided they are ready to give something back to australia for accepting them in.
hey that could make it fair?? what do u guys think??

Alexander

Gold Member
I think you should shut up and kiss me!

...I mean, my point was that im not sure how much (forgive the generalisation) unskilled persons can offer a western country like Australia.
Lots of other western countries face similar problems, but not on the same per capita basis. We also attract a hole range of people, did you know that the increasing # of israelis fleeing their country have Australia and the US as their top destinations!?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
ok one minute he hates me one minute he loves me.. its a hate love situation huh? wish i could say the same for the poor boat peoples

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think it's worth taking into consideration the fact that Australia's population growth rate is atm close to zero. Having a population growth rate close to zero is not a good thing for us economically. If anything, we NEED all the refugees we can get. Even if you're right winged and view human beings as just a resource, it's still illogical for Australia to do anything other than accept them and integrate them into society to take advantage of the long term economic benefits they present for the Australian economy. Which btw, I'm not. I think Howard's policy on refugees has been utterly disgraceful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)