Board of Studies 'own' your responses (1 Viewer)

CloudDeter

HSC
Just something interesting I'd like to point out. Everyone today would have gotten a light green or blue sheet with your number and details on it. Where you fill in the form and sign it, there is a small statement with something on the lines of "You agree all your responses become the property of the Board of Studies and are allowed to use them for further educational use [i.e. work booklets]".
I noticed this cause back when I handed in my major work for Software Design and Visual Arts the sheet we signed said we owned the copyright to our works.
Now I wonder what happens if you refuse to sign that paper...

CloudDeter

HSC
There are no externally marked majors for Software Design.
Yeah I know. But our teacher also gave us a different sheet where we had to sign saying it's all our work and we retain copyright.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yeah I know. But our teacher also gave us a different sheet where we had to sign saying it's all our work and we retain copyright.
Fair enough, I just meant whatever you signed wasn't a BoS thing. (but it may be a copy of one if you signed something similiar for VA)

Either way I wouldn't worry about this for stuff like Advanced English- major works are a different beast. Just means that if you retell a Star Wars movies as your essay there is a chance it may be reused in a band 2 exemplar package. (good find Crobat)

kpopism

HSC
i had to sign one when i handed in my major work for society and culture
if we didnt sign it, then the bos didnt accept the whole thing orz

madharris

HSC
N/A
Either way I wouldn't worry about this for stuff like Advanced English- major works are a different beast. Just means that if you retell a Star Wars movies as your essay there is a chance it may be reused in a band 2 exemplar package. (good find Crobat)
I think I will read this when I'm sad! :D

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Geez. How come we have to do this every time.... at the end of exams I really need to pee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)