T

Testpilot

What did you think?
How did you go?

I didn't think it was too bad.

shimmy&shine

HSC
i did crap for this one.
Though i have very high expectations, standards and am also a perfectionist.

My essay was all loose, unconnected, didn't flow well, it was messy, and argh.

I'd write "... Similarily," then think, oh shit i chouls be writing "... Contrastingly", then I'd be all lost.

I don't understand. I'm usually pretty alright with essays. :(

English is over yay! :) :)

shimmy&shine

HSC
i did crap for this one.
Though i have very high expectations, standards and am also a perfectionist.

My essay was all loose, unconnected, didn't flow well, it was messy, and argh.

I'd write "... Similarily," then think, oh shit i chouls be writing "... Contrastingly", then I'd be all lost.

I don't understand. I'm usually pretty alright with essays. :(

English is over yay! :) :)

Torkyn

HSC
Ye i liked it. I got down everything i wanted. Testpilot why were you so anti social after the exam. storming off.

Last edited:
T

Testpilot

Torkyn said:
Testpilot why were you so anti social after the exam. storming off.
I thought you'd gone already. I didn't storm off i spoke to Xssy and Jon. Probably cos i was almost the last out of the exam room cos the BoS ladies said i needed to 06 my dates.

shimmy&shine

HSC
well good for you.
After reading all these comments on King Lear I'm going "oh, oh, not good"

I left the exam happy, but now I'm worried.

Doesn't matter too much though. I believe my cohort are going to pull me up, cause we're all a bunch of brilliant lasses, and
I"M RELYING ON MY RANKING!!! yipee!

Thank god for that ;)

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
Oh, the question led right into a discussion of the destruction of nature for control over the populace. It was perfect. I went over in my head several times what I would write in the question before the exam, and it was perfect.

P

pLuvia

It was a very nice question, I think I did alright in that section. My essay fitted pretty nicely in this section

B35tY

HSC
yeah pretty good. I stole parts of LottoX's essay between the trials and now so i'll be fine :D

funkenstein

HSC
i hated that question heeps :mad1:

wtf is up the control question????

can someone plz tell me how u relate to the texts!!???:burn:

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
funkenstein said:
i hated that question heeps :mad1:

wtf is up the control question????

can someone plz tell me how u relate to the texts!!???:burn:
BNW uses soma, phrases and consumerism for control (in a nutshell).
BR uses the destruction of environment and consumerism to gain financial control, and thus world control (in a nutshell). It was a link you had to make to In the Wild. Out of curiosity, what did you write for that?

adgala

HSC
br/bnw was by far the easiest of the 3 modules today. the question suited my prepared essay unlike the other 2.

funkenstein

HSC
dasphoebus said:
BR uses the destruction of environment and consumerism to gain financial control, and thus world control (in a nutshell). It was a link you had to make to In the Wild. Out of curiosity, what did you write for that?
um pretty much how everything in the BNW is controlled.. some consequences not all though :confused:

and then in BR how tyrell corp has taken control and some crud:mad1:

i still had plenty of quotes and techniques will i go ok?

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
I talked about how the Tyrell Corp and New State have a lust for control over nature thinking that are seperate and above nature...crap like that. Also Soma and Bokanovski processes

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Jessica_00 said:
I talked about how the Tyrell Corp and New State have a lust for control over nature thinking that are seperate and above nature...crap like that. Also Soma and Bokanovski processes
Wow. That sounds almost identical to what I wrote.

I however said how the consequences of the control of nature was seen in BNW through the loss of identity, freedom etc and then stated that in BR we are transported into a world where the control of nature has already lead to its ultimate destruction (that being the greatest consequence of them all).

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
I walked into the English staffroom after the exam and my Extension teacher and my Advanced teacher were talking about whether it was too restrictive.
My Extension teacher said it was quite restrictive and dictated the vein that the essay had to run in. My Advanced teacher thought it opened up interesting possibilities.

I kind of agreed with my Advanced teacher.
I mean, both texts kind of deal with how the societies are pursuing progress of technology rather than nurturing the natural world and their natural state of self, and how htey attempt to push it away or control it in order to pave the way for technology's domination.

Right?

Hehe. I was pretty happy with it I think I wrote nine-ish pages?

hello_world

HSC
dasphoebus said:
Could you also say that BNW uses the government to control, and BR uses big business??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)