BMW's overated (1 Viewer)

steve_ell

just wondering who in hear agrees with me that bmw's are overated cars. like who would spend that amount of money when u can get somethign soo much better made by the japanese

SipSip

HSC
N/A
They are overated when people spend every dime on a damn 318i or something...it's underpowered and crap...those who buy are inadequate people who needs to tell everyone they drive a BMW...

but once you get into 325+ they are pretty decent cars...i mean..BMW's dynamics are good...especially the fact that it's rear wheel drive...but the cars are a little small...

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Not only US...europe is a lot cheaper too...
People who proposed the damn tax should be shot! :vcross:

or runned over by millions of jap car drivers that could've bought themselves an M3 at half the price

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Try 100K+....

Australia's tax system on cars is fucked for some reason...I mean they say they need to protect the domestic market...that's just an excuse to laze around and not make better products....i say they should start making better products instead of constantly increasing taxes...

SprewellZ

Not at all, theres a e36 325 coupe in the driveway, lowered on 18's, chipped, exhaust, moved up the rev limiter, opened up the throttle body and the 6 goes soooo beautifully

that and the sheer oppulence

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Like i said 325+ are good cars...though for the price, you could get an STI or a Z...which to be honest, looks a lot better

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
318i's are everywhere. i actually like how they look. i certainly wouldnt be complaining if a macked out 318i was my first car :D....hmm what is the retail on the 318i?

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't even think of the 318i as my first car....ended up getting a T4 volvo...and then an accord euro...to be honest...even the 320i is crap....
A4's are decent looks...but their interior is not that comfortable...

306 and 407's are good cars...even the 206GTI180 is a great car to drive...

One general advice is, if you dun plan to buy a 325i or better for a BMW...don't buy one at all...and don't buy second hand...since that most gets computer gliches in them after 3 yrs....it's just not worth it...i mean what's the point of saying you drive a Beemer when you eat dust at the lights even when against a Corrolla or something...

ND

HSC
SipSip said:
Like i said 325+ are good cars...though for the price, you could get an STI or a Z...which to be honest, looks a lot better
And kills it on the track too.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
ND said:
And kills it on the track too.
Haha! definitely...I had my order on a Z until the insurance wouldn't cover me after my first crash....i hate it how insurance companies runes everyone's lives...

As for A4's interior...it is still not that fantastic....i must admit Beemer's one it's great....but A4's are overpriced for it's quality even when compared to a Beemer...i mean, a beemer is a BMW....great dynamics and handling....A4's are slow and poor dynamics...

ND

HSC
Heheh insurance... I don't have a hope of getting any on a turbocharged car before i'm 25 now that i've had my license suspended. =/ (and they wouldn't even insure me before i lost my license)

Anyone have any idea how insurance is for sports bikes? I'm seriously considering getting a 250 or something to learn on.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
no idea mate....but considering you got your licence suspended...they will increase the premiums even for bikes...but more importantly, i think you might kill yourself...

well....the insurance would ensure me for the Z, although it was 10K a year...which meant it was a brand new car every two year or so...a total rip

SprewellZ

Asquithian said:
Also 3 series are so common now people start doing the unthinkable to them...by murdering them like the above person.
Murdering??? Unthinkable? Bro, what the hell are you smoking. Its classier then anything you'll ever land your ass in.

Anyway, 318. Good for the image possibly, everything else is a no no. Slug, bad power/weight and terrible handling. That said, theres idiots who slap on M3 kits and badges and try to sell it off

ND

HSC
SipSip said:
no idea mate....but considering you got your licence suspended...they will increase the premiums even for bikes...but more importantly, i think you might kill yourself...

well....the insurance would ensure me for the Z, although it was 10K a year...which meant it was a brand new car every two year or so...a total rip
Kill myself? Why do you say that? I didn't get my license suspended cos i was doing anything stupid, just no seatbelt, illegal u-turn then no P's. Not the usual way for someone with a turbo silvia to lose their license hey?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
ND said:
Kill myself? Why do you say that? I didn't get my license suspended cos i was doing anything stupid, just no seatbelt, illegal u-turn then no P's. Not the usual way for someone with a turbo silvia to lose their license hey?
What unusual in the fact that they're breaking the law on the roads... :D

Well, BMW have come a long way since powering the germans WW2 air combat efforts... but I can't understand why people fork out hard earnt dosh on bottom of the line BMWs, sure if you have the money do it, but if its status you're after, getting a bottom of the barrel BMW is about as great as getting a numberplate with 'wanker' on it.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
ND said:
Well....doesn't that mean you don't know the safety rules? :D
But I wanted to learn bike too...but then i later thought that considering my behaviour...i'll probably kill myself very soon....that's why i'll stick to my cars...although must admit...it is impressive how a lot of bikes can do 100 in 3 secs....

ND

HSC
Yeh they are pretty dangerous (in fact my cousin died in a motorcycle accident about 2 months ago), but that's all part of the fun i reckon.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
As i've said earlier, i don't mind speeding....even crashing....as long as i survive without any major damage to anyone or me...I mean the insurance companies gets harmed...but heck! they get so much money anyway from the huge premiums they charge...

NRMA's service is full crap though when i was with them....i sent them complaints and inquiries but none of them went answered...and then if you ring them...they start hanging up on u and stuff... :vcross:

But yeah, if you're gonna learn, just watch out! ;)
but must admit! love Speed!! though...

Btw....BMW's got good handling....especially since that it is rear wheel....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)