Bloody Brecht (1 Viewer)

Azariel

Man....
Stoopid Bloody Brecht. Anybody else studying this dude? I wanted to do 17th Century Comedy. I wanted to laugh. But nooooo. 'Epic Threatre is Great!' says my teacher.
No. It's stupid and I would apprieciate it very much if somebody out there actually understands how to write about this fellow.
Oh... hope you all went well in your performances and that the sleepless nights and bickering groups are long gone!

Oi i am doing friggen brect, i suck at it, at da moment, but now that performances are over i may be able to learn it, but a chick in my class got 20 out of 20!!! for her essays in the exams. But yeh just kick your teacher and cry till he/she gives you the help you need.
always works for me :)

Leanne

HSC
hey..i'm doing brecht as well....hes a bit of a pain ey? but as long as u understand the conventions of epic theatre (and try to understand y the hell they are used) and the context in which the plays were written...u should be okay.....

i'm doing threepenny opera and caucasian chalk circle- wat r u guys doing?

Azariel

Caucasian Chalk Circle and Mother Courage.

Yeah, I pretty much get the concept. Maybe I just write dodgy Drama essays.

me too aye, i got 50% last time for brecht, so you prolly shouldnt listen too much to me. but yeh i sumtimes listen in class :)
i am doin mother courage, three penny opera. I went and saw three penny opera, it was pretty good, VERY brecht!!
i think it was very helpful to see it, because you understand it more then.

Azariel

We went to see some STC workshop. It was pretty silly actually, talking about the convetions of epic theatre then presenting them with the conventions of dramatic theatre. We kinda left very confused... but then we went to Taco Bell and we forgot the whole thing!

dirtyboots

HSC
I quite like Brecht. But I'd prefer to do Beckett, because it's easy. Or American drama. But I did a study of Mother Courage in year 10, so yeah.

Blondie

yugh, brecht. I do irish, so it really isn't any better...
all i remember about brecht from year 11 was that he used alienation and epic theatre. thats it :S
Good luck though :D

emily

yeah, doing absurd but same as blondie touched on it yr eleven - remember people used to step out of character and talk about the action or something? (probably not but hey!)

i remember it offers the audience an objective view on the action be presented rather than allowing empathy and sympathy...or something :)

Montell

hey guys, i'm actually in yr 11 and i am starting my hsc drama course at the moment ans we are about to study Brecht. I really have no idea what it is about! is it a person or a style or what? I need some insight before i go into it. well good luck for the rest of your exams and just remeber we still have another yr to go!

JimBob

HSC
N/A
Yeah, uh, I'm with him *pokes Montell*

Our teacher mentioned that we are studying Brecht this year...... Any tips?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)