Bloody Assssments (1 Viewer)

babywhitto

Ok, im so over food tech!! like seriously...could it bugger off!!

we have an assessment and i do not get it...like i know i have to find a new product of a line extension...but i dont get some of the questions...and if i ask the teacher she'll say "well u should have started i earlier." gah!

can u guys plz look at the assessment and tell me what i should do.

I have looked at heaps of sites and i have no idea! cant find any info...it sucks balls!

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Have you got the Jacaranda text book? That's what my class has been using for our product development assessment task and it's helped a lot.

tennille

HSC
I did the same assignment last year.

The type of food prodcut development is either the line extension or "new to the worlld" product.

The reasons behind the food product development may include health issues, the environemt (recyclable packaging, etc), convenience and cost, company profitability (no way! :p), etc.

Idea generation = posibble solutions to design brief- suggestions for food product that meet the aim. Screening= eliminating those that aren't feasible/dont meet the aim.

Market research= surveys to see what people like, looking at statistics to see what they like, etc.

Product specifications= At this stage, you should be down to one or two products. You need to know the requirements (raw materials), target market, consumer benefits, pricing strategies (low price so heaps of people by it, or high priced with smaller amounts of people buying it, but larger profit per batch, etc)

Feasibility study: You analyse the resources and the anticipated profit. You can just make up the prices or whatever for the resources (or actually go to the supermarket or supermarket website to see the prices of similar products). You estimate the cost of a batch of the product, the cost of the product itself, the pricing strategy (same as in product specifications, but maybe a bit more detailed).

Production process develoipment: where you're getting your raw materials from, types of testing of raw materials to determine if they meet standards or not. quality control, equipment, HACCP for the actual process, list the procedure for the production process (a good way to do this is through that flow diagram you learnt in food manufacture).

Development of a prototype: producing the product. You should also create variations of the product and determine which ones best by a food technologist or whatever (just make it up). You also develop the package at this point.

Testing product prototype: surveys, letting people taste test the prioduct, getting professional evauators to determine if its good or not, etc.

Marketing plan: 2 ways to promote (could be anything, through posters, television, etc). You should have learnt this stuff in class. You should have learnt all this stuff in class. Get the excel book. Its pretty good.

babywhitto

yeah but where in the book? it doesnt help me find a product...what product did u do?

tennille

HSC
I'm not here to do your assignment for you. If you go to the food product development part it's all there. I used that. And it summarises it for you so its not to hard.

It wont tell you the product. You just need to look at supermarkets for ideas.

babywhitto

i know ur not here to do my assignment for me...wish you could but hey.

I have been looking at various sites for products...and i cant find one.

I was just stressing out before being a loser bum...but now its all gone away.

Thanks for all your help...ur a lifesaver...

tennille

HSC
Yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe do a pasta product or something. A line extension.

tennille

HSC
Chilli? My parents work at arnotts and I've never head of it. That sounds pretty sick. :p

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Tennille said:
Chilli? My parents work at arnotts and I've never head of it. That sounds pretty sick. :p
I know hey, but they actually taste pretty good. We got to trial the new range in class :)

babywhitto

Chilli what??

I was thinking of doing the philadelphia chilli thingy...the new thing wehre the chilli sauce is already on it u just tip it over...so good!

hottie_mira

heeeeeeey we just did sum extension line thing today.. we made chocolate truffles.. was sooo mad and yummo..yay i luv food tech

goody

HSC
I handed mine in last friday.

I made like those Corn Flakes paddy cakes and I had to also design a package for it to go in.

then I had to get at least 5 people to test it and write up the results.

babywhitto

bugger...well i'm doing my assessment on the new oreo's. the ones with peanut butter and chocolate creme inside...sooo good!!

today we had to make something to do with our assessment...so i made a giant oreo cake!! SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)