bloodrayne is out... (1 Viewer)

crusher310

HSC
N/A
have you guys seen it yet? my friend at universal was telling me about it and it sounded like it could be worth seeing. if any of you have seen it, let me know what you thought about it. i want to know if i should go see it or not. thanx for your opinions.

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bloodrayne/

umm.... no

it's directed by Uwe Boll, possibly the worst director in the world. The only way he has the funding to keep making movies was by a loophole in the German tax system (he's German..). That loophole has now been fixed so hopefully he'll soon go broke. We can only hope..

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Argonaut said:
I'll say it again kids: game-to-movie translations are bad. I can't think of one that's succeeded. Super Mario Brothers, DOOM, Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark Street Fighter, they all SUCKED. The only thing that's ever come close was Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, which was actually quite good, but no-one understood it.
How bout Pokemon the movie?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
I'll say it again kids: game-to-movie translations are bad. I can't think of one that's succeeded. Super Mario Brothers, DOOM, Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark Street Fighter, they all SUCKED. The only thing that's ever come close was Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, which was actually quite good, but no-one understood it.
Resident Evil was decent, it followed the plot of the games somewhat.

Final Fantasy? Wtf? That was pathetic, it didn't have anything to do with Final Fantasy.

M.I.A-187

HSC
Movie and Game Never Mix cause they all tend to be directed by really shit directors which sort of ass rape what the game is about turn it inside out and create some whack ass shit. (the only example i want to left out is final fantasy :p...cause i like that movie if you want something actually related to the plot watched advent children, dope action sequence it got).

For example Doom...Now where was this part where the rock was suppose to wrestle with the cyber daemon. Now there ain't any of those shit, flying skulls which spit flames and all this other hellish stuff instead they have nerf out hell knight which no longer can take 4 clips of machine gun bullets then laugh at you in the face before crushing your face, but they are fighting against people which suffered from some poorly design substance abuse.

Last edited:

crusher310

HSC
N/A
i dunno, i like resident evil, or at least the first one. but do you think that if bloodrayne was directed by someone else, anyone else, that it could have been good. it seemed like it could have been a quality movie: good cast, fairly solid story, and a freakin huge budget.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Actually, some of the major plot points and themes were jsut like the games:

- The film was not set in any world any of the games had been in (except for X/X-2)
- The film did not use any major characters from any of the games
- The film did not use any 'systems' from any of the games ... heck, it didn't use a system at all
- There were chocobos (printed on Aki's cloting)
- There was a character named Sid
- There was the usual twist; the aliens were refugees, not invaders
- And the usual lineup of themes: love (Aki and Gray), adventure (save the world), dreams (which told the truth), life and death (everyone but Aki died)

Of course, Advent Children has more direct tie-ins than The Spirits Within. Consequently, fans didn't like TSW because it had little to do with the games, and non-fans didn't like TSW because it was incomprehensible to them.
You're drawing the similarities a bit thin aren't ya ? If it's listed as a Final Fantasy, there should be a direct mention of some sort of magic system, at the very least. Heck i wouldn't have minded if there was magitek

But yeah, i still maintain it wasnt a direct tie-in for a film entitled Final Fantasy

HSC
the silent hill movie is comin' soon, and it looks to be not only faithful to the game, but an awesome movie in general (screenplay by roger avary + directed by the guy who did brotherhood of the wolf)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)