Blood.. HELP (1 Viewer)

ken828

HSC
I've recieved my assessment notice and I'm so stuck :(

my task is to explain the history, effect on science and technology, social implication and future directions of blood research, donation and technology.. including the uses and reasearch into artificial blood substitutes. due thursday!! please

has any one got any good sources?

Thankyou.

MooshyMoosh

HSC
Google, and you could try typing keywords in wikipedia [like blood donation etc.] and then go down to the bottom where they have the external links and references.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
its part of the skills section to know how to do this stuff, and ye it's the same answer everytime: encyclopaedias, scientific journals, websites (in particular .org and .edu), scientists, scientific institutions eg; CSIRO

just search in those for information on donated blood...

flaminwaffle

HSC
you might like to research 'artificial blood' as the research into donated blood. i think you also need to know the downfalls of donated blood for that dot point.

Lachycharts

Don't afraid of anything!
HSC
Here is a little extract from my summaries. It's not big but it's the content that matters. Also, when you are in an exam (talking about in like a years time for you) you can write so much crap when you are in there.

There are now safe and effective blood substitutes for certain applications such as modified haemoglobin (made from modified haemoglobin molecules) and perfluorochemicals (made from perfluorooganic compounds), although they are still not ready for widespread use. Better blood substitutes are still needed.

The substitutes that are being developed can be pasteurised to ensure no invading pathogens infect the receiver’s body, there is no need for cross matching meaning that time is saved in emergencies and these substitutes can be stored up to a year compared to one month with donated blood. These advantages make artificial blood a much more affective substitute for blood in case of emergency or urgency and is the reason why more research is needed to further enhance the effectiveness of these substances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)