Blood donations - Drugs (1 Viewer)

trikta

HSC
Didn't know where to put this so here we are.
Was wondering if anyone knew how long you have to wait after doing certain drugs to give blood. Do they simply throw out your blood if you haven't waited long enough or do you get fined or what?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
3 months after marijuana, usually. dont think you can donate at all if you use intravenous

if you fill out the questionnaire or look on the website, it will tell you

hold on, ill find it

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Drug use (recreational) - Can I still donate blood even if I have taken recreational drugs?
This will depend on what drug was taken and how and when it was taken. If you have ever used intravenous (IV) drugs not prescribed by a registered medical practitioner, even once, you will not be eligible to donate. The Australian Red Cross Blood Service values the privacy of donors. All interviews are conducted in private and donor confidentiality is always maintained.
Please call 13 14 95 for further information.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ive had friends who have donated like a week after smoking weed....nothing was ever said so i dont know if they can detect it or even give a shit. Rule of thumb though is wait like a month for thc to go.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Serius said:
ive had friends who have donated like a week after smoking weed....nothing was ever said so i dont know if they can detect it or even give a shit. Rule of thumb though is wait like a month for thc to go.
they can but they prolly dun give a flying fuck if u did..

IV drugs = hep C/B and HIV is why most ppl worry

there is a risk tho.. that if u smoke the red cells arent as effiecient as they should be

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I'd be curious to take like a bunch of E and then give blood and someone would get it and be like "OMG THIS OPERATION IS AWESOME!"

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Call the donation place and ask. Tell them you're not going to waste their time if it can't be used.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Serius said:
what the poindexter said

even after you fill out a questionnaire, they screen your blood for everything, but even with trace amounts of certain medications, it's still fairly safe to transfuse.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
katie tully said:
3 months after marijuana
I'm absolutely sure they're not concerned about traces of THC in people's blood.

What drugs have you been using trikta?

If they found they could not use your blood for any reason, they will simply discard it, there is no reason to worry, you will not be fined. If they detect any blood borne diseases you will be contacted and informed.

Just be honest and tell them any and all relevant information.

what else?

HSC
i dont think the person dieing will mind if they get a bit stoned or buckled after the transfusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)