Blood donation (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Well 500 mLs then, either way too fast. So yeah, my advice is don't intentionally pump it out :p

bawd

HSC
annabackwards said:
The one at Parra is good, you get lots of pies/pasties/vegie thingo/sausgae rolls + jelly beans + biscuits + a milkshake and the staff is graet too ^^
Woah, yummo. I donated blood for the first time in the beginning of December '08 through the blood drive scheme at my school. It was at the Liverpool centre and I got a milkshake (with barely any flavour), some jelly beans/smarties and a cookie. I also got a weird flippy cubey thing with the images they used in the TV advert and some mini pocket diaries. However, I would have preferred the vegie thingos and pies. Maybe I should go to the Parramatta centre personally and donate after my 3 months are up.

Oh yeah, and my attendee staff person didn't stab me correctly, so she was shifting the needle around in my arm and it was just disturbing to observe the needle move around under my skin. Nonetheless, I would donate again without a thought. And I am still waiting for my Red Shield Frequent Blood Donator Card and the results of my blood tests.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bawd said:
Woah, yummo. I donated blood for the first time in the beginning of December '08 through the blood drive scheme at my school. It was at the Liverpool centre and I got a milkshake (with barely any flavour), some jelly beans/smarties and a cookie. I also got a weird flippy cubey thing with the images they used in the TV advert and some mini pocket diaries. However, I would have preferred the vegie thingos and pies. Maybe I should go to the Parramatta centre personally and donate after my 3 months are up.

Oh yeah, and my attendee staff person didn't stab me correctly, so she was shifting the needle around in my arm and it was just disturbing to observe the needle move around under my skin. Nonetheless, I would donate again without a thought. And I am still waiting for my Red Shield Frequent Blood Donator Card and the results of my blood tests.
Damn, I lost my card. Do I get another one if I donate again?

0hNivlek

HSC
omg i love that card. I discovered i'm B+ whilst believing i was on O for the last 10 years LOL.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
0hNivlek said:
omg i love that card. I discovered i'm B+ whilst believing i was on O for the last 10 years LOL.
*Hi 5*

I take it both your parents are Os like mine? Go the recessive genes ^^

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
yeah donating is good. I was scared to do it, but my friend persuaded me to do it, it's not bad at all. Though I always get light headed and dizzy afterwards, but that's the worst of it. I'm A neg, what's everyone else?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
yeah donating is good. I was scared to do it, but my friend persuaded me to do it, it's not bad at all. Though i always get light headed and dizzy afterwards, but that's the worst of it. I'm a neg, what's everyone else?
o

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Donating Blood is so cool.

Before Donation:

I got free bottled water, and free jelly beans.

After Donation:

Free mini pie and a large strawberry milkshake.

Edit: I didnt do it for the free food :D

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Donating Blood is so cool.

Before Donation:

I got free bottled water, and free jelly beans.

After Donation:

Free mini pie and a large strawberry milkshake.

Edit: I didnt do it for the free food :D

LOL i did it for the free food lol :)

Best place to donate blood is the Elizabeth st centre.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
no. i was trying to explain how a beggar's blood is no different to a normal people's blood, we can use their blood for emergencies if testing is done and it's safe. Just because they are beggars...doesn't necessarily mean their blood is contaminated.
Yeah, I see. I see what you mean.

But beggars' are usually more vulnerable to consumption of alcohol, drugs and etc. That's what people are basically saying. LOL at my stereotypes.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ye i know that's why i said 'if testing is done and it's safe'. lol sorry bout the bitchiness... i just feel kinda sorry for beggars =)
its called screening and its not 100% either so that testing can be flawed.. dun rely on it..

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Ok from what ive heard outside school is better ie they provide you with better things and its more relaxing

I donated inside school, ok make sure you drink enough and eat enough, seriously, the guy next to me had a fit because he wasnt hydrated well enough

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ye i know that's why i said 'if testing is done and it's safe'. lol sorry bout the bitchiness... i just feel kinda sorry for beggars =)
lol, okie. btw why not tell those beggars to change their location to the blood donation places? they will get some nice foods from there while helping others. :)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Give blood, smash heaps of goon. In that order.

I recommend it from experience.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Too skinny to donate blood.

Might try to fatten myself up this year and reach the minimum weight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)