Blitzing and Cheating (1 Viewer)

Anon4Real

HSC
Can anyone give me and example of blitzing and cheating, in terms of Overload Techniques

thanks

pman

Banned
HSC
Blitzing is where you just continously work a specific muscle group so examples include doing squats, then leg curls then something else in volving the quada and so on and so forth, cheating is just using a spotter to help you lift past the "sticking point" e.g I do a bench press with more weight than i can really lift, somebody else helps me get started.

Anon4Real

HSC
Blitzing is where you just continously work a specific muscle group so examples include doing squats, then leg curls then something else in volving the quada and so on and so forth, cheating is just using a spotter to help you lift past the "sticking point" e.g I do a bench press with more weight than i can really lift, somebody else helps me get started.
Thanks heaps mate, also one more thing. How can altitude training enhance an athlete's performance?

HSC
pacman ... im sorry but think you should study a bit more.

cheating is using differnet muscles to asist the primary muscle group . e.g- back helping through 'sticking point' in bi-cep curl.

spotter = negative reps. - where they help wit the eccentric contraction.

altittude - refers to high above sea level .1968 mexio olympics no records broken for events lasting more than 2.30 mins. research conducted and due to partial pressure o2 / air density decreases. = less o2 to tissue , also higher attitude = solar radition and air doesnt hold asd much mostier therefore dyhration . however , general to best enhance athletes performance height = 1500-2000 meters. normally takes 2-3 weeks for benefits . 3 phase:
1. increase lung vent. due to o2 demand
2. erythropoietin - increase red blood :. heoglobin - ability more o2 to muscles
3. increased capilliarisation = oxidate enzymes.
- when coming back to sea level these benefits will last for a couple of days.
however negaitves - insensity decreaed coz less o2 .

hope this answers your question :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)