• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bladerunner/brave New World Help!!!! (1 Viewer)

ariana88

HSC
This is wat the teacher gave us..DUE next week

You will be required to give a 4 min speech on your module A elective in the wild.
YOu are to prepare a speech which considers how human understanding of and relationship with natural world is shaped and reflected. Discuss us comparing and contrasting significant scences from BLADERUNNER and BRAVE NEW WORLD.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
What exactly is the help you want? You need to be more specific to get an effective help, we won't do your homework\assessment for you but we can point you in the right direction.

Also check out click here for ideas and samples.

ariana88

HSC
i need to know how in both text and film is the nature and relationship natural world being potrait..

kimmi06

HSC
arnold182 said:
the relationship with natural world is brought up in brave new world??
i must be not understanding..
lol...how much does blade runner and brave new world SUCK? seriously, i hate sci fi SO much. yep, the relationship with the natural world is definately brought up in bnw, i have HEAPS of stuff iv written on it. i get wednesdays off from school so i might post some of it tomorrow if i get time to type it up. i also have a comparative essay that i wrote and got 20/20 for, im thinking it could help you, its basically about the relationship with the natural world and all that jazz. hopefully get it done tomorrow, but in the mean time, theres HEAPS of stuff other people have posted on this site relating to it, so have a look around. good luck!

HSC
Yeah i think you're in a bit of trouble if you haven't realised the ideas about the natural world in BNW.

My teacher gave us a fat run down of how to write an essay on BNW/BR the other day and its got examples for most of the points just no quotes as yet. Ive written out an intro but the rest is just point form although im sure you can figure it out. Read out it would be a fair bit longer than 4 minutes i think but if you just chose one character each for representation then u should be ok.

Last edited:

ariana88

HSC
thanks u guys...i find the whole topic boring, cant wait til its over

gorgeousjai

HSC
hey would you have any info regarding the endings of brave new world and blade runner and their relationship with nature??

els29

HSC
hey jay!! ahaha your post is a hot topic! im so stuffed for tomorro! u shuld discuss how the views towards humanity has reinforced the conclusions and what has come of not understanding or having nature... like in br in the ending how its conclusive that the humans have come so close to the replicants, and how emphasis is placed on the humans underestimating the "realness" that the replicants are capable of. its like the definite line between real (humans) and fake (the replicants) has been blurred.

lv els

Last edited:

els29

HSC
arnold182 said:
the relationship with natural world is brought up in brave new world??
i must be not understanding..
well br is mostly about the future and social dystopia... its like the opposite of natural a world...

HSC
The Brucemaster said:
Yeah i think you're in a bit of trouble if you haven't realised the ideas about the natural world in BNW.
i was never told to study the damn book when i was recommended to read it last year (year 10)!! lol.

*avoids HSC topics from now on* haha =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)