blade runner (1 Viewer)

speedmurray

When deckard interviews Rachel. What effect is achieved by the use of shadow, subdued lighting, partial lighting?

speedmurray

when rachel visits deckards apartment:

-what does the music represent when it is used after deckard reveals rachel's untold memories to her?

-what meaning is conveyed by rachel looking at the photographs in deckard's apartment?

Acid

HSC
Buddy, this isn't the "Do my homework for me forums"... watch the film and use your brain.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Acid
Buddy, this isn't the "Do my homework for me forums"... watch the film and use your brain.
LOL... it gets like that sometimes.

speedmurray

yeh pretty funny ay... considering i did all the questions n just stuck on this 1 cause i dont understand it. forums r for questions that need answering.

Thomas_wow

havent seen movie, but music is usually use to build up or release tension, and lighting (shadow) is usually used to show "mystery" or something unknown. if the whole set is in shadow then it might be talking about something that neither of the characters want to hear

Huy

HSC
N/A
Research the film noir genre, you will find that one of the conventions will be the use of "barring" - such as when Deckard and Rachel are "getting it on" (kiss me)

- You will see a pinstripe kind of thing happening with Rachel when you see the blinds being used to cast a shadow on Rachel.

Everything is related to film noir in Bladerunner, or Christian symbolism, but for your question, do look up film noir and the techniques employed, conventions, and purpose of shadows, lighting and so on.

Maybe to question the distribution of power
Maybe to emphasise the power struggles or shadowy underworld
Maybe to emphasise man's insignificance

Could be anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)