Black's comeback (1 Viewer)

payafee

HSC
I went shopping today and was surprised how much black dominated the clothing stores. It it truly back and all the celebs are draped in it. The styles this winter are pretty cool but I would like to see some more colour!

Always

HSC
After a summer of that boho rubbish, I'm actually relieved to see a return of neutrals gracing our streets and shops.

I know what you mean, though. Too much black can be so depressing on a dreary winter's day.

arrested development
HSC
Oh come on, black never goes out of fashion. Vogue et al just run out of colours to make us orgasm over so they go all "black is back!", "black is the new black", etc. on us in a desperate bid to fool us into thinking something new has happened and changed the direction of fashion. :rolleyes:

payafee

HSC
I think it just went into recession for a tiny bit and now it's a lot more prominent. Check out the jeans west store. 90% of their stock is black.

Gangels

HSC
payafee said:
I think it just went into recession for a tiny bit and now it's a lot more prominent. Check out the jeans west store. 90% of their stock is black.
Great, i'll be sure to do that.......................

arrested development
HSC
Hahaha it went "out" for a while because it was summer. I just don't get it how every winter the fashion magazines claim that "black is back!".... but of course it is... it's "in" every winter. :confused:

Gangels

HSC
Winter......Summer, its the same thing. That means you have to buy things, meaning you have to go to the mall, meaning you have to waste money even though you've already got perfectly good clothes, meaning i have to get up:)

frootloop

HSC
Here here! So long to boho rubbish!

Black is never out. I wouldn't suggest going head to toe in it though... it's a bit too much.

Last edited:

kahlilouise

HSC
Black's always been good cause it's so damn versatile! Dress it up, dress it down, day, night, formal, casual - whatever! Love black <3<3<3

VSAcclaim

HSC
haha go the black, i'm a revhead/metalhead so its my colour of choice...i always try to keep my nails black incase i have no black clothes...

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Black is goth or emo. LOL ;)

Is brown counted as a neutral or 'colourful'? Because I <3 brown especially mocha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)