Bit (1 Viewer)

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
lil_star said:
I have 2 offers so far, IBM and Macquarie Bank. Now trying to reach a decision :). You?
PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst&Young, Capgemini & Macquarie Bank (3 business units, need to choose one). A good thing about IBM, as a sponsor of the BIT course, they fast tracked everyone to the assessment centre, bypassing any initial interview. However I am concerned about their offer. I withdrew from Westpac and CommBank after MacBank came through.

Having worked at a bank though, I'm still concerned about MacBank's culture and the actual work tasks. But I've got plenty of grads to chat to about it who have been working there for a few months. So hopefully that will help me reach my decision.

Last edited:

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
DJGerber said:
PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst&Young, Capgemini & Macquarie Bank (3 business units, need to choose one). A good thing about IBM, as a sponsor of the BIT course, they fast tracked everyone to the assessment centre, bypassing any initial interview. However I am concerned about their offer. I withdrew from Westpac and CommBank after MacBank came through.

Having worked at a bank though, I'm still concerned about MacBank's culture and the actual work tasks. But I've got plenty of grads to chat to about it who have been working there for a few months. So hopefully that will help me reach my decision.
Good going. My sis is at PwC. From what I have heard, I believe the culture is great.

What are your reservations about Macquarie Bank? For myself, I see there is nothing to lose in trying it out. IBM culture is a bit old as opposed to Mac. And I find, may be I picked the wrong dept at IBM i.e. AMS. AISD would have suited me better due to the variety of work involved. However, I believe they hoped I could relocate to Canberra, which I am not willing to do. All in all I am not a fan of travelling too much.

Yeh my IBM application was fast tracked and I didn't need to go to their assessment centre, just had a final interview with a manager. I still have another 3 working days to accept/reject the offer.

I have AMP and Westpac in process, but once I have the MacBank contract, I would with draw those. I didn't bother doing the Qantas online testing and have withdrawn my application.

Still waiting on the MacBank contract tho. Let us know what you decide.

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
Westpac's offer was surprisingly competitive, and you can't beat the new building, culture and corporate responsibility. But I have decided to go for Macquarie Bank on the basis of their graduate program and career opportunities and will be working under the Investment Banking Group in Macquarie Securities in 2008.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
DJGerber said:
Westpac's offer was surprisingly competitive, and you can't beat the new building, culture and corporate responsibility. But I have decided to go for Macquarie Bank on the basis of their graduate program and career opportunities and will be working under the Investment Banking Group in Macquarie Securities in 2008.
Ah k. Yeh I have the Assessment day at Westpac tomz, but I am planning to not go. Waiting on the Mac Bank contract. I have verbally accepted Macquarie, I am going for Equities Market Group.

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
n00bi3z said:
Oh don't lie, I know from first hand experience XD

You only really get kicked out if you fail two subjects in a year or something. You only have to pass, and we all know how much effort is involved with that XD
Fair enough. If you're serious (which, surprising, some aren't) then it's no sweat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)