Bit of Help (1 Viewer)

trev_2541

HSC
Hey Guys,

Just a question. I've started to look into ideas for the major assignment and I was wondering, I've been told it has to not nessearily look into an issue but how that issue has been recorded by historians, are they correct in what they say, and if so can you help me in deciding some sort of question as to the "Nuremburg Trails"?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yeah thats right, from wat i heard, u kan consolidate your teacher about puttin a question together, im doin my major on 'the Holy Grail' or 'impact of KKK' not realli sure yet ... wen do u get ur major work tho ? no idea about my one lol.

nwatts

HSC
Well, focusing on a "point of historical debate" is beneficial for a number of reasons. Your teacher is saying such to make your project easier to research and more enjoyable to write.

If you choose an area of history that is debated among historians, you'll naturally have more resources to draw from. It will also mean that you will have room to assess different perspectives on a certain point of history - something teachers jism over. It will also more readily make you able to draw your own conclusions and form your own historical position - which is something good teachers will jism over.

If you pick an issue that no one has really debated, you'll find your essay gets boring, and loses a lot of sophistication UNLESS you're doing primary research (ie, interviewing people involved, digging up bones, whatever).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)