BIT Applications '09 (1 Viewer)

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
I have a bad feeling i wont even make the interviews D:

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
The BIT round 1 applications didn't close until yesterday (Wed 10th June). You won't receive an interview confirmation until late June or July.

Last edited:

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
Ah okay, i called the lady to confirm my app got to her.
Looks like I'm likely to be in :)

Scinery

HSC
yay interview

any1 know anything about the interview process?

bonzaboy

HSC
I'm applying, but for the second round, though. I found out about it like, 5 days after round one applications closed...
I have some questions, though.

Just out of curiosity, approximately how many people are given a place in the course per year?

I'm from QLD. For round two applications in the BIT survey, it's asking for my trial HSC results. However, I recently sat a QCS prac test, which I believe is QLD's equivalent of the HSC. Should I attatch the results for this?

What sort of information/documents will I need to prepare for the application on the UAC site? (it's currently not accepting applications until early August)

I'd really like to get into this, it sounds too good to be true!

Last edited:

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Just out of curiosity, approximately how many people are given a place in the course per year?

I'm from QLD. For round two applications in the BIT survey, it's asking for my trial HSC results. However, I recently sat a QCS prac test, which I believe is QLD's equivalent of the HSC. Should I attatch the results for this?

What sort of information/documents will I need to prepare for the application on the UAC site?
Depends on the number of sponsors. It's usually around 25.

If the QCS is all you have, yeah, you should attach that. They'll take the fact that you're not from NSW into account.

I believe the UAC will only ask for some general knowledge and your previous studies. They're not going to ask anything you don't know, so there's no huge problem there.

Last edited:

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
Oh no interview is tomorrow...
Do they tell us who the employer that's interviewing is?

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
Depends on the number of sponsors. It's usually around 35.

If the QCS is all you have, yeah, you should attach that. They'll take the fact that you're not from NSW into account.

I believe the UAC will only ask for some general knowledge and your previous studies. They're not going to ask anything you don't know, so there's no huge problem there.
lol no way is it 35 places! it usually averages mid-high 20s. I'm guessing it will be around that for next year.

One of the girls in my year went through the Qld School system, and as far as i know she just put in her QLD results for the application.

There's no different to which round you apply for, so go for it! I'm finishing up my BIT degree at the end of the year (if i pass this semesters subjects lol), and it's been the most amazing 3 years of my life - and i know that it's really helped set me up for my graduate place.

Scinery

HSC
I'm "still eligible"!!!

SOOO wasnt expecting this

So what UAI do i need? ive been aiming for 99+ so could you please convince me why i should choose this course??

I'm over the moon about it but i'm not sure if its for me.

lol my concerns are:

1) Are the other students WoWfag weirdo's?
2) Can i transfer during the course if i dont like it? (I can't right?)
3) Can i work/TAFE during the period of the course or is there no time??
4) Will the work AFTER uni limit my ability to pursue education in another field?? because even if i LOVE I.T which i know i will, i still want a psych degree and to combine that with law would be useful learning.
5) What do u DO in the industry placements? What exactly IS the "business side of IT" ? ? ? Project management / analysis OF WHAT???
6) WHAT IS THE AVERAGE GRADUATE PAY?!!!
7) What oppurtunities are there to express myself creatively in IT?
8) Is the BIT secluded from the rest of the uni??

Thanks so much!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)