BIT Application Questions (1 Viewer)

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
yay! i got a call yesterday and i'm in :) :) :)
far out that was so scary waiting! lol!
anyone else hear any news?
good luck for everyone else still waiting to receive the call!!!

GBM

HSC
help_me_please said:
yay! i got a call yesterday and i'm in :) :) :)
far out that was so scary waiting! lol!
anyone else hear any news?
good luck for everyone else still waiting to receive the call!!!
That's excellent! If you don't mind me asking, what UAI did you get to get in?

I'm still waiting on a call. I wonder if they're calling alphabetically, or favourite to least favourite.

jadie_m

HSC
Congrats to those who got in, I look forward to seeing you at camp:)

Oh, go to www.bitforums.com and register - we shall be arranging a dinner/get together soon:wave:

Last edited:

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
im still waiting for the call..., this is getting depressing..., even though i know im not in,

@n00bi3z, ok, drop out and volunteer your place to me :)

EDIT:

just called adam, said he's sending out emails in half an hour about alternative courses, because i was just below the cut off, quite an understatment.

good luck to you all..

Last edited:

GBM

HSC
Well, this is a real bummer. I didn't make it; I'm on the reserve list.

Honest opinion of people who've been through this before: how likely is it that someone is picked from the reserve list? Is it one of those "it's happened before, so don't give up?" kind of things where its really unlikely, but still possible, or do I stand a reasonable chance of getting in?

Oh well, if not, see you all at BScIT.

yoda109

High Monk
HSC
bleh. reserve list. after getting the christmas card i had my hopes up too.

( 95.35 )

ridewitme

http://bakakage.net
HSC
yoda109 said:
bleh. reserve list. after getting the christmas card i had my hopes up too.

( 95.35 )
Reserve list and you got a UAI of 95? Either the mark needed was really high or your interview only just scraped through as passing. I'm still waiting on a call/email/anything to say yay or nay, probably going to be a no with an 80.

jadie_m

HSC
GBM said:
Honest opinion of people who've been through this before: how likely is it that someone is picked from the reserve list? Is it one of those "it's happened before, so don't give up?" kind of things where its really unlikely, but still possible, or do I stand a reasonable chance of getting in?
From what I know of, two people from my year were on the reserve list and found out after the camp that they got in. Its a matter of gaining more sponsors or someone pulling out, so not all is lost:)

yoda109

High Monk
HSC
ridewitme said:
Reserve list and you got a UAI of 95? Either the mark needed was really high or your interview only just scraped through as passing. I'm still waiting on a call/email/anything to say yay or nay, probably going to be a no with an 80.
Definitely the interview.

GBM

HSC
Holy crushmacaguffin. I got offered a place. Adam called my work today, and offered me a place.

Oh. My. God. After being emailed yesterday to say I hadn't made the cut, today I get called and offered a place. I guess they must have liked my interview - I was expecting to scrape in a 90 at best, so a good interview was my only hope.

:D :D :D :D :D

ridewitme

http://bakakage.net
HSC
Anyone else heard no word as to if they got in or not? The waiting is killing me, even if I didn't get in (I hope I did, relying on interview more than my 80 UAI).

Does anyone know an email address we can get in contact with to ask them?

Andrew.

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
umm, yea i got an email form andrew saying im not in, my uais too fking low :'(

but that was ages ago, you should know by now, if you have not been notified try calling them or emailing.., the number should be on the letters they sent inviting to interview.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)