Birthday Letters - How many poems...? (1 Viewer)

Kinrei

HSC
Sorry if this is an incredibly daft question, but, with 'Ted Hughes: Birthday Letters', how many poems minimum do we have to focus on? Two?

I'd be fine with analysing two poems (eg. 'The Minotaur' and 'Sam'), but then again, I'm worried about my other two related texts for this Module, and how much time I'd have left to work on them if I analysed both Sam and The Minotaur. Do I just need to work on my time management, or can we just analyse ONE Hughes poem really well, instead of two poems in a more half-assed manner? How many 'Birthday Letters' poems is everyone else going to analyse? :O

moshi.bum

HSC
I'd say focus at the very minimum on two poems, and range across the other poems. The set text is the anthology, not the individual poems themselves. The 6 poems elected for study are expected to be well learned. Choosing only one poem doesn't really give you much of a scope for examining how representation provokes conflicting perspectives anyway.

Kinrei

HSC
Ah, right, yes, I see what you mean! Thanks, moshi.bum. That gives me a bit more direction to where I should be taking things.

legendfunk

HSC
Is it possible that in the HSC we could be directed to a specific poem in particular? I've been told "they can but they won't." :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)