BIP (book in progress) - Anna Karenina (1 Viewer)

lazybum

HSC
N/A
hi guys!
anybody read this book by Leo Tolstoy?
I've started it (got it for $9.90 at local bookstore) and it's quite interesting, about the affairs ie romances of Russian society in the latter half of the 17th cent. I'm up to the part when Vronsky has gone to Petersburg after he has fallen in lerve with Anna; and made Kitty sick with unhappiness

Has anyone read the book? what are your comments?

Last edited:

lazybum

HSC
N/A
right, this book is gettin a bit tedious (up to pg 300 out of 800, i read fast, and i also did tonnes today, coz i'm goin away for half a yr this week - i don't only read books!!!! i did quite a bit of shopping in the city which i recommend to everybody, go the SALES! )

everyone's falling in love with everybody's husband, it's funny actually and at least more exciting then Austen's Emma!!!!

all this stuff bout levins farm and anna's weaknesses, kitty's unhappiness, karenin's coldness, etc. etc - but i guess this is the style for a Classic of that century, tiny climaxes but never 1 big shocker......

Last edited:

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
This is one of my fave books of all time! Read on its worth every page. Ive read no other book with as much intensity, passion and....*hyperventilates*

TRUST ME...IT'LL BE THE ONE OF THE BEST THINGS YOU'LL HAVE EVER READ!!

lazybum

HSC
N/A
yea u reckon? i think i've just passed the halfway mark

lazybum

HSC
N/A
finished in 6 days...... after all that it was a great book, anybody else?

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
*knudges tib out of the way* ME ME ME!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)