• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Biotechnology option (1 Viewer)

SmileyCam

HSC
pretty generic, although the 2nd question about the DNA profiles was a but odd, I'm not sure how it was worth 3 marks

Pidgeon_Pete

HSC
yeh i thought that as well, but luckily i had read over everything to do with that a few days ago, i still dont know about it being generic, when i walked out of the exam alot of people said they struggled with that option.

Shaded_BlaQ

HSC
Yeh, i ddnt really like the DNA fingerprinting question...how many pages did u guys write abt medicine, animal biotech or aquaculture?...i found the core of the exam ok....is it true that if a option was seen to b more difficult than other it gets scaled slightly diffrently or is there jus very little chance of scaling @ all in bio?

SmileyCam

HSC
I wrote a page each for the medicine(insulin) and animal biotech(cloning), all up I did 6 pages tho

Shaded_BlaQ

HSC
eh, shutup kendick. :p. but moving on...what school actually do this option? not many i've heard off. and was the fingerprinting specialifically mentioned in the syllabus? i answered the questions adequatly...i think...but i ddnt hav extensive knowledge and had noooo idea how to get the full last 6 marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)