Bioshock (including screenshots) (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I've posted these up in another thread, but will post again. This is my most anticipated title of the year. The average review score is 98%! holy crap. At this stage, it is the second highest rated game ever, although only 10 reviews have been submitted. My nipples are erect with excitement. Who else can't wait for this game to come out.

Please note, these screens were taken off-screen on a 32" Samsung LCD HDTV, running an Xbox 360 via an HDMI connection at 720p resolution (prefer it to 1080i for games). The camera is a 5MP Nikon (isn't the best camera).

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
So you have a copy?
I will purchase a copy next week if possible...
I haven't looked it up for some time so I don't know of the exact date, although I'm keenly waiting its arrival!

98% eh? woah should be good... unfort I can't see the images... dam bigpond capped me already

Supermodified

HSC
The demo is truly awesome. When you break the surface of the water and see all the reflections =O

stazi

Nightman
HSC
s-AINT said:
So you have a copy?
I will purchase a copy next week if possible...
I haven't looked it up for some time so I don't know of the exact date, although I'm keenly waiting its arrival!

98% eh? woah should be good... unfort I can't see the images... dam bigpond capped me already
release date is Friday next week, although i may be able to get it Tuesday.

I only played the demo, which is out for the 360.

Supermodified said:
The demo is truly awesome. When you break the surface of the water and see all the reflections =O
yeah, it's amazing. i came. luckily the water made it seem less obvious.
do you have an HD-TV yet? if not, i assume it looks good on a SDTV, too?

Supermodified

HSC
I play my 360 at 1280x1024 on a 19" CRT monitor. =(

Oh, another awesome moment was when you're in the submersible and that film starts playing, and then when he says, "I chose Rapture!" and the screen slides up and it has that awesome orchestral music, and you see Rapture for the first time. And giant squid ftw.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh ok. that's not too bad. you should get an LCD monitor though. ask for a widescreen one for your birthday.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Atmosphere looks absolutely incredible in this game. Watched a gameplay vid of the character walking up to the little girl, ohh man.

Hey stas will you get very good graphix playing your 360 out of a 22" widescreen? And where's the best place to get a VGA cable?

Kmara2nv

HSC
Wow I Caaaaaaameee About 10 Times Just Looking At Those Fotoes Absolutelty Amazing Only If Bioschock Was A Girl :|......lol

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
wow i wish i was a boy so i can own a xbox360 and play these games :)
you don't need to be a boy to play videogames. :) pffftttttt.

Maybe i should convince my little brother to buy bioshock, since he 'owns' the X360, lol.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
runtlocks said:
Atmosphere looks absolutely incredible in this game. Watched a gameplay vid of the character walking up to the little girl, ohh man.

Hey stas will you get very good graphix playing your 360 out of a 22" widescreen? And where's the best place to get a VGA cable?
yeah, you'd get great graphics. of course, they would be better on a larger screen as you feel more immersed, but as long as its in high def, which it will be via vga, you will experience many sexy time explosions

you could get the vga cables from JB or basically any other store. i recommend the official MS ones for better quality.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
just finished downloading the PC demo this morning and it was quite awesome. the performance/optimisation was really great, getting an average fps of around high 50s to mid 60s throughout the whole game with settings maxed at 1600*1200 (no AA, game doesnt seem to support it) with an 8800GTS 320MB, e6420@2.8GHz, 2GB RAM.

i took the liberty of screenshot spamming every moment of it.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
excuse the image size reduction and jpg compression. the shots looked much crisper in their full 5MB size.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
just finished downloading the PC demo this morning and it was quite awesome. the performance/optimisation was really great, getting an average fps of around high 50s to mid 60s throughout the whole game with settings maxed at 1600*1200 (no AA, game doesnt seem to support it) with an 8800GTS 320MB, e6420@2.8GHz, 2GB RAM.
excellent, I was getting nervous that my comp wouldn't run. I'm going to play it tonight, I downloaded it last night, so I'll install it when I get home from uni today.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
jumb said:
excellent, I was getting nervous that my comp wouldn't run. I'm going to play it tonight, I downloaded it last night, so I'll install it when I get home from uni today.
make sure you also download the latest nvidia drivers that were released specifically for bioshock.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1715

i didnt do any before and after benchmarking, but apparently they give a good ~20% fps compared to drivers from last month.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
heh I just finished the demo, it looks majorly fun

It was crashing as soon as I started the first level, but i fixed it some how.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)