Bios1301 (1 Viewer)

samthebear

HSC
Does anyone have sample past papers for the final exam? and if anyone has done this before how do you suggest i should study for this subject?

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
I don't have any past papers, but I do remember the exam being a lot more focussed on little details than I expected it to be. Like it seemed to focus on very specific things from the lecture notes (and there were HEAPS of lecture notes).

It's kind of hard to suggest how you should study...it's basically knowing the content of the lectures back to front. I tend to be more of a 'grasp the key concepts really well' type of person and that didn't work too well for the final exam! :eek:

samthebear

HSC
I don't have any past papers, but I do remember the exam being a lot more focussed on little details than I expected it to be. Like it seemed to focus on very specific things from the lecture notes (and there were HEAPS of lecture notes).

It's kind of hard to suggest how you should study...it's basically knowing the content of the lectures back to front. I tend to be more of a 'grasp the key concepts really well' type of person and that didn't work too well for the final exam! :eek:
Whoops! thats me too! oh goodness @__@ there are alot of details on the lecture notes... did they have any thing not on the lecture notes? like just based on what the lecturer said (ie: examples and things)?

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
Whoops! thats me too! oh goodness @__@ there are alot of details on the lecture notes... did they have any thing not on the lecture notes? like just based on what the lecturer said (ie: examples and things)?
Hmm, I can't remember references to specific examples as such...however, as an example of one of the multiple choice questions, the question was "What is the current estimate for the world population in 2050?" (or something like that), followed by five numbers, all of which looked equally probable. :S I never realised I was meant to memorise every single thing on the slides. Especially when it was about population demography, for which there was ONE lecture, in an ecology course.

Another example of a short-answer question we had was 'List four management strategies related to fire management'. (Except obviously it was phrased much better than that, lol.) That's all I can really remember at the moment.

Also - is Paul Adam still doing half the lectures? Because if you haven't been taking your own notes from those, you're in trouble!

samthebear

HSC
Hmm, I can't remember references to specific examples as such...however, as an example of one of the multiple choice questions, the question was "What is the current estimate for the world population in 2050?" (or something like that), followed by five numbers, all of which looked equally probable. :S I never realised I was meant to memorise every single thing on the slides. Especially when it was about population demography, for which there was ONE lecture, in an ecology course.

Another example of a short-answer question we had was 'List four management strategies related to fire management'. (Except obviously it was phrased much better than that, lol.) That's all I can really remember at the moment.

Also - is Paul Adam still doing half the lectures? Because if you haven't been taking your own notes from those, you're in trouble!
oh crap! thats really specific! @__@! and yes haha he is still doing half the lectures (paul adam) i missed one of his lectures and i think i'm nicely screwed for whatever he has covered -_-"

deadfishlol

HSC
N/A
I remember there was a short answer question (5 marks? it was a while ago) devoted entirely to the competition between feral bees and some native bird species (again, it was a while ago) in WA...thought it was a pretty weird question considering there was only a slide or two devoted to it.

samthebear

HSC
I remember there was a short answer question (5 marks? it was a while ago) devoted entirely to the competition between feral bees and some native bird species (again, it was a while ago) in WA...thought it was a pretty weird question considering there was only a slide or two devoted to it.
weirdly enough i know what slides you're refering to haha - well i guess if you can keep going about competition of native Vs. introduced species you'd get your marks credibly enough...

TheMM

HSC
bumppp so I guess no bios1301 papers have ever surfaced? :(

samthebear

HSC
none - i think they just reuse the questions thats why they dont provide past papers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)