Biology vs Economics (1 Viewer)

Spa28

HSC
hey guys, im in yr 11 currently and will be entering yr12 next term. right now im doing: ext1 math, adv eng, chem, bio, eco, sor1 and wanting to pick up ext2 math.
im equally good at bio and eco rank wise right now, but i will be needing to drop one of them as i dont want to walk in with 13 units.
i enjoy biology more than economics, but im planning on doing actuarial studies where eco is of a big help in the first year of uni. so, i dont really know which one to choose? any advice?

astroman

HSC
Do what you know you will get higher marks in, there is not 'preqrequisite' for uni degree's, just 'recommended' knowledge, i'd say stick with bio, it's got less content than eco which is always good. You should look at the syllabus and HSC papers for each, see which is better looking.

HSC
hey guys, im in yr 11 currently and will be entering yr12 next term. right now im doing: ext1 math, adv eng, chem, bio, eco, sor1 and wanting to pick up ext2 math.
im equally good at bio and eco rank wise right now, but i will be needing to drop one of them as i dont want to walk in with 13 units.
i enjoy biology more than economics, but im planning on doing actuarial studies where eco is of a big help in the first year of uni. so, i dont really know which one to choose? any advice?
Drop the subject which you dislike!

I am a first year doing actuarial studies with commerce and only did economics in year 11 (Dropped it in year 12), and I wouldn't say economics is a "big help" because they teach you everything from scratch. Yes, if you did economics in year 12, you'll be familiar with some of the concepts explored in the economic courses in first year actuarial, BUT if you dont do economics in year 12, it doesn't mean you'll struggle in economics at uni

hscnotes4sale

HSC
Uni Grad
simple mate just drop the subject u are hating or your struggling, you dont need more than 10 units as there is no point as ONLY 10 COUNTS

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Just do Biology, it will allow you to enjoy high school more.

And with the passion, you may even do better with Biology.

The HSC is mainly about getting the marks to get into the course rather than be a requirement.

I believe having higher level maths is more important than having Business Studies or Economics or Legal etc to help with courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)