Biology Text Books (1 Viewer)

massmon

G'days.

My class use the
"biology in context, the spectrum of life"

It has a black cover with a butterfly on it.

I was wondering what other schools use, as I also use the spotlight, macquarie and excel guides, but I would like some more practice questions from another text book.

What does your school use and how well does it answer the syllabus dot points?

Cheers

nesstar

my school also use that text book...

we were having a class discussion about the usefulness of various text books today with our teacher...as we use quite a few books in the classroom and get sheets from a lot of books too. She thinks that our textbook is good but goes into a lot of unecessary detail on some things...but its better to hav too much than not enough! Another book like that is Jacaranda (i personally like it better) so try and get ur hands on one of those - it has dolphins on it. My teacher and I agree that spotlight is too simple. Macquarie and excel are obviously excellent for revising but don't give enough depth to concentrate on alone.

malkin86

HSC
We're using Jacaranda, Spectrum, Heinemann and Biology Options: Genetics the Code Broken? by McLaughlin and Hitchins... we have lotsa textbooks. :eek:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Which Bio textbook do you use?

Last year my school used Spotlight Biology, but this year we've converted to Heinemann Biology. What about you guys?

capsicum

HSC
my school uses the Heineman one, but my teacher uses Context to teach as well. for extra study and understanding, i use the Jacaranda one along with the Surfing revision series. They're great!

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
we dont use a text book. we have hand outs. so no specific text books however for study i have 7 textbooks (a friend of mine is a bio teacher) so i have nearly all the ones mentioned below

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)