• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Biology predictions (1 Viewer)

slurpzz1

HSC
for those 7-8 marker questions which scientist(s) do you think they will specify?

elective - Genetics topic... any predictions here..

do you think they will refer to past experiments like natural selection etc..

what are your thoughts?

Ivy Mike

HSC
They haven't had a 7-8 marker on the disease topic for a couple of years. I'm thinking it's going to be on Quarantine / Pasteur & Koch / Epidemiology.

2011_

HSC
for those 7-8 marker questions which scientist(s) do you think they will specify?

elective - Genetics topic... any predictions here..

do you think they will refer to past experiments like natural selection etc..

what are your thoughts?
Are you referring to the core? For the 7 - 8 marker? Last year it was from Blueprint of Life so this year probably a Helath or Maintaining a Balance question

Ivy Mike

HSC
Also, for The Human Story elective I'm predicting it's going to be on an important scientist or Out of Africa / Multi-regional Hypotheses.

cpwincess19

HSC
Do any of you guys think that the 7-8 marker for this year might be on malaria :/ ?

Ivy Mike

HSC
Do any of you guys think that the 7-8 marker for this year might be on malaria :/ ?
Yeah that is a possibility. If they do decide to put it in they're probably going to give it a twist, like: "How did the developments/discoveries brought about by Pasteur/Koch aid in the... etc"

That being said it'll still be pretty straightforward so don't worry lol.

Politic

HSC
N/A
What do we reckon? 7-8 marker on Disease or Maintaining a Balance?

2011_

HSC
In 2009 the 8 marker was from "Blueprint of Life" and in 2010 it was from "Blueprint of Life". And in 2008 a blood question from Maintaining a Balance was 8 marks, so surely it must be time for "Search for Better Health" to get a turn? Just my idea?

slurpzz1

HSC
well in my school we were given separate trial paper with all topics because we were running behind.. anyway for the 7-8 marker they asked us on watson/crick..

For your trial what were you asked on???

-i also don't think it will be on malaria but i do think they will have a question on malaria OR HIV depending on the disease your investigated etc.. i think they will have symptoms/cause blah.. for a disease.. but it wont be the 7-8 marker.

bogert

HSC
Some times paper comes from out of the course or some elective questions also..So, Whole book should be prepared with a good concept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)