Biochemistry (1 Viewer)

Lily_Luna_Rose

HSC
I doubt many people are doing this as their elective, but my teacher is doing this topic with us and I need help. She is a terrible teacher, and since there are barely any resources for it ANYWHERE, does anyone have some that I could possibly use? And I mean full notes or resources, for every dot point in the syllabus.
Also, just wondering, how many people are doing Biochemistry for their elective?

Lily_Luna_Rose

HSC
Thank you! My teacher is reluctant to admit they have nothing on the topic, so hopefully this will be a major help

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Try YouTube, often overlooked as a great resource. To learn some things, I watch a few videos of the same thing for a few reasons.

1. Some videos miss out on certain specifics that are filled in by others.

2. Different videos explain the same concept differently, so maybe one way of explaining helps whereas another one doesn't as much.

3. Narrated (with hand drawn diagrams etc) tend to go slower and explain in more detail, but the pace of it could make it hard to see the 'bigger picture'. This is where animations help, where often detail is skimp but the overall understanding is better.

probjer

HSC
Lol there's no one stopping you from self learning another option topic (with much more resources, and maybe easier) and doing it in the HSC exam.

A mate did that in my high school, initially the teacher was pissed, but still he aced chem :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Lol there's no one stopping you from self learning another option topic (with much more resources, and maybe easier) and doing it in the HSC exam.

A mate did that in my high school, initially the teacher was pissed, but still he aced chem :)
Many teachers won't write/give you another option topic in your trials, meaning you'll miss out on however many marks that is (can't remember... is it 25?)!!

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
You could just learn the option for the sake of the trials and pick up another one for the HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)