Bio trials (1 Viewer)

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Anyone else do their bio trial today? I'm happy with how mine went except completely forgot about HCG which made me feel stupid as soon as I left the exam.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
yessir
I forgot what oestrogen and progesterone do - damn I just remembered about that question

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
oestrogen = stimulate ovulation and progesterone and other hormones
progesterone = maintain the uterine lining and stop contractions, progress pregnancy

???

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
I'm not sure on the company, might have been independent.

I said estrogen maintained the lining or thickness of the endometrium or something which I have no clue if it was correct or not lmao. The one about CRISPR cas9 was such an L for me because 90% of my class had done their depth study on it while I did mine on stem cells. Apart from that I think the rest of the questions were pretty straightforward and not too tricky. For the one about cortisol did you just draw the same shape but lower?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
what was the hardest question
ours (school written) was probably either a 9 mark polypeptide synthesis question or a 7 mark gene pool/gene flow/mutation/genetic drift question, or a 13 mark (split across 4 parts) immune response question

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
what was the hardest question
There was a 6 marker on the ethical social and industrial implications of CRISPR Cas 9 which i havent looked at before. There was a stimulus but it had nothing to do with the implications just the actual process so I has to bs my way through, but apart from that nothing extremely difficult and a good mix of content and stimulus

goodcat911

HSC
ours (school written) was probably either a 9 mark polypeptide synthesis question or a 7 mark gene pool/gene flow/mutation/genetic drift question, or a 13 mark (split across 4 parts) immune response question
15 marker on cystic fibrosis broken down in multiple parts 😭 also like a 9 marker at the end with 5 graphs and prevention, treatment and control of a bunch of infectious diseases

thatnormster

HSC
7 marker assessing the effectiveness of vaccinations and public health campaigns to control disease. something like that. Module 7 IQ 3 or 4 or 5. It was very manageable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)