Bio exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

r3

HSC
I just thought of that X-ray photograph she took, photograph 51 or something, that showed the double-helix structure Watson/Crick used to come up with the model of DNA. I'm pretty sure sugar-phosphate was someone else. Either that or... I wasn't paying attention in class :haha:
my teacher's notes said that Franklin was the first to discover the double helical nature of DNA and also the fact that the sugar phosphate backbone is external to the DNA molecule itself. So i assumed that someone else discovered the actual backbone. Guess I lucked out then!

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

aycaramba

HSC
N/A
my teacher's notes said that Franklin was the first to discover the double helical nature of DNA and also the fact that the sugar phosphate backbone is external to the DNA molecule itself. So i assumed that someone else discovered the actual backbone. Guess I lucked out then!

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
damn got confused thought watson and crick came up with the double helix structure first and franklin contributed through her knowldge of the backbone :'( im losing all my marks on multis HAHAH

J_

HSC
N/A
How did you guys respond to question in communication of "explain the electrochemical changes in membrane due to signal 2?" It was a 3 marker and Idk if I answered it right

You had to talk about action potential and the changes in sodium (NA+) and potassium (K+), because its refering to electrochemical changes, so in signal 1 the impluse generated wasn't enough to exceed the threshold potential, however with signal 2 it was, therefore this impulse leads to a change in the electrochemical composition in order to pass the generated impulse through the axon in the neurone.

Hope this helps!

Snowflek

HSC
What do you guys think the cut off for band 6 will be?

zeee1999

HSC
How did you guys respond to question in communication of "explain the electrochemical changes in membrane due to signal 2?" It was a 3 marker and Idk if I answered it right
spoke about resting membrane potential and how the neurone is polarised then how when a stimulus that is able to exceed the threshold de polarisation occurs as Na+ diffuses into the cell and K+ diffuses out via the Na+/K+ exchange pump etc etc. i wanted that question to somehow be like a 4 or 5 marker bc i couldve written quite abit on it

Brownie2829

HSC
N/A
85?
83 seems to low tbh
Yeah but the average is usually about 79 for band 6, and it always seems to be a couple marks lower than what people expect (most are saying about 85/86 for this years one). It's really a guess though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)