binomials help ;/ (1 Viewer)

HSCya1234567

HSC
View attachment 39296
could i have help with part a please?
its the same sort of reasoning as i was using before, you set up a general expression and chose n = 1 to get the general form for the term in x then you solve for the coefficient = 28 for the first equation. Then you do the same by setting n =2 to get the general form for the term in x^2 and then you have two equations., two unknowns and you can solve simultaneously

let me know if you want working

yellowhighlighterr

HSC
its the same sort of reasoning as i was using before, you set up a general expression and chose n = 1 to get the general form for the term in x then you solve for the coefficient = 28 for the first equation. Then you do the same by setting n =2 to get the general form for the term in x^2 and then you have two equations., two unknowns and you can solve simultaneously

let me know if you want working
yes pls

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
correct me if i mucked up
Nicely set out. Your 'x' looks like an 'n'.

Computationally, easier this way.

I recall a young student asked, over 10 years ago, when simplifying a fractional expression, why I had to express the numbers in the numerator and the denominator, via their factors(so I can cancel the common factors, in order to simplify)? Why not just use this marvel of modern living, the calculator, to just multiply out the factors on top and then, divide by the product of the denominators to get the answer! Well, that's how, I believe, lots of students do nowadays.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)