binomial dist : ( (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
View attachment 40123
this is using sample sum ^^ could someone explain this a bit to me cuz i can do it but i dont fully get it. like i can do the formulas but not the S = 5x60 and why we do that and set up Pr < 300 etc using the sample sum.
I haven't done any sample sum questions.
So we can serve 5 people at the time and there’s 60 minutes, so there is effectively 300 minutes of people being served happening. We need to find the probability that if we pick the first 50 people in line, the total time that they take is less than 300 minutes so that they can all be served within the hour

does that make cents?

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
So we can serve 5 people at the time and there’s 60 minutes, so there is effectively 300 minutes of people being served happening. We need to find the probability that if we pick the first 50 people in line, the total time that they take is less than 300 minutes so that they can all be served within the hour

does that make cents?
OHHH yeah kinda which is why we convert it to a sample sum instead
thanks

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
IMG_C452EBDAB4CF-1.jpeg
@carrotsss im unsure of the purpose of sample proportions? like both methods work so idk what the point of using the sample proportion is? is it for like specific questions where u can't use the first method but i don't understand where that would be the case? could u explain what is going on?

carrotsss

HSC
View attachment 40130
@carrotsss im unsure of the purpose of sample proportions? like both methods work so idk what the point of using the sample proportion is? is it for like specific questions where u can't use the first method but i don't understand where that would be the case? could u explain what is going on?
it doesn’t rlly matter which one you use they’re pretty much just the same thing except in one everything is divided by n

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
View attachment 40130
IMG_DD1C1C2398B0-1.jpeg
sorry im legit so lost whats going on
in the picture here i used the sample mean to solve it and thats a different fomula as well
im so confused which one to use for which
is it just a matter of variables that they give then e.g if they give std deviation then i use this one
if they give probability then i can use either the binomial np stuff directly or the sample proportion formulas?

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
View attachment 40130
also for method one here why do we do 42-40/sqrt 24
bc isnt 42 a percentage so how come we subtract the expected value bc thats a number from the sample
IM SO CONFUSED I HATE THIS TOPIC

carrotsss

HSC
View attachment 40132
sorry im legit so lost whats going on
in the picture here i used the sample mean to solve it and thats a different fomula as well
im so confused which one to use for which
is it just a matter of variables that they give then e.g if they give std deviation then i use this one
if they give probability then i can use either the binomial np stuff directly or the sample proportion formulas?
yeah pretty much just use whatever u want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)