BInfoTech - Network and Systems Management (1 Viewer)

rozzo

directly under the earths sun........... now
HSC
is anyone on this forum do this course? i do general maths atm in yr 12, will i be disadvantaged with the maths areas in the first year of the course (if i do get into the course)... i did maths for 3/4 of year 11 and dropped to gen maths so i have a little bit of knowledge.

im love working with computer networking and hardware so this seemed like the course for me.

other subjects i do are business studies, adv english, sdd, and ipt

thanks

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Oh, something you need to know about Network Management: the first two years of Network Management at UoW is programming. You really don't start ANY units for your major until third year.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by rozzo
what about the maths side will i struggle ... im at the top of gen maths atm
with computerscience related course the normal maths course isn't needed. there isn't much maths.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
with computerscience related course the normal maths course isn't needed. there isn't much maths.
Yeah, Compsci students get the boring bullshit. :( Stupid discrete maths.

Originally posted by rozzo
what about the maths side will i struggle ... im at the top of gen maths atm
With network management, you will need to do Understanding Variation and Uncertainty. A statistics subject. That is the only maths subject you will need to do. If you want to look for it on the UoW website, the code is STAT131.

adsta

HSC
If you only have to do statistics, then you should be fine because you don't really need to know any highschool maths for it. If you have to do math187 though, consider doing a bridging course in maths at the uni because you need to have a pretty good understanding of 3 unit math if you want to go well in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)