Binding your MW? (1 Viewer)

Insanity

HSC
Hi, our teacher said that when handing in our MW, we have to make sure it's bound.

Originally I thought that stapling it and putting it in a folder would be okay, but my teacher said to do more than that?

So yeah ... just wondering if we have to bound our work, what should I do to 'bound' it or where do I go to get it 'bound'? (Does anybody know how much it costs to get your work bound?!)

Pointy Ears

HSC
Hmmm, my teacher said she was going to bind them for my class. Other than that, I dont really know what binding entails.

krystalp

HSC
we put them in a super-big plastic cover, like the ones with white rimming only bigger. that, and rubber bands

robo3687

Tired
HSC
its best if they are ringbound...thats what our little group is doing...

i'm taking mine to the copyroom on monday to get it done (get it for free)

i suggest u do the same

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
It's pretty cheap to get it bound anyway at OfficeWorks.

According to a few of teachers at school who are/have been EE2 markers, they like it when it's bound because then it's less likely to get lost, and there's just the knowledge that everything they need to read is there. No need to worry about keeping pages in order :)

HSC
N/A
We had all of ours bound (school provided this, yay!) including RS and spare copy of MW and RS.

A lot of people last year sent their stuff to Officeworks to get bound :) I think they also have the binding machine thingos at Universities as well, so if you can't get to Officeworks, a Uni might be another option (I know we have them at Mac, anyway).

get_born

you know what...im just going to bind them together - because think about it...you cant just hand in two parts, its safer as one.

steffo

steph
HSC
it's 'binding' not 'bounding'

bind them together to be safe i reckon.
RS is only about 3-4 pages anyway, and they are placed together in showcase.
i vote for together. better safe than sorry.

jaihson

HSC
I think binding it seperate is kinda silly, it's all part of the body of work. A booklet we got on how to compose the reflection statement says to put it after the major work cause thats the order they'll read it in.
As for binding, make sure u ask for 'thermal binding' not ring binding. It looks way more professional.
But yeah, i dont understand why you'd put the reflection statement seperate, just more chance of getting lost in transit.

J

jhakka

My school had them bound separately, and I think it's probably better that way.

For a start, they are not both the same work. One is the actual work, and the other is about the work.

Secondly, if a marker wants to refer to something mentioned in your major work, it would be so much easier to do with two pieces rather than just the one.

It's not like they're going to knock marks down according to how you bind your work, however I think separate binding is the way to go. Use a rubber band to hold them together if you like.

bonniejjj

HSC
I wouldn't recommend theraml binding- yes it does look "more professsional," but it doesn't lay flat when open, and the glue can come unstuck (especially considering multiple markers will be looking at it, most likely more than once.) I would recommend comb binding rather than ring binding (more durable.)

Our school is binding the RS and MW separately... I recommend everyone does the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)