Binding and Covers (1 Viewer)

timmay05

HSC
I do not want to do a plastic binding like most people who bind their work seem to do. I want to do it in leather with gold plating. Does anyone know where I can get this done? Or how I can do it with a binding machine?

If I can't do this I am curious as to the cover I can put on my major work. Can I use it to put the original story of Rapunzel on the cover in size 8 font (I checked and it will fit) with highlighter like writing on it (for the name of the story which at the moment is "?").

Any comments or advice?

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
yeah, the work should speak for itself, rather than relying upon something aesthetic. And putting in rapunzel will add to your word limit

timmay05

HSC
Well my major work is 3/4 about the writing, and 1/4 about what I am doing to emphasise various aspects. As it is a recontextulisation of Rapunzel and I have a mock heroic tone in much of the story I want to create that sort of illusion by having a cover in that style.

Yes the work speaks for itself, but there is so much more people SOMETIMES overlook, such as layout, fonts, sizing etc. I just really think that either a hard cover style cover or a leather cover will have some effect.

And yeah, I agree with the bit about using that as my cover counting towards the word limit. I just need a way to get the original text of Rapunzel into the work. (Maybe if I start it a bit like Calvino and tell them to go find the original story and read it before they begin here, that won't seem out of place in my style of writing, and at the end I say soemthign along the lines of "Now reread it, you might understand it the second time")

Thanks

timmay05

HSC
Oh and the whole story is about aesthetics of the imagination so having some concrete aesthetics will help too.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
perhaps finding a picture version of rapunzel with no words?

illmatic

NaS
HSC
how do i get a plastic binder?

all i was planning to do was print out my story then staple it in the top left corner

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
officeworks do it, our school's doing it for free =)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
My school's doing it for free as well. Actually, I don't think we have a choice. They're binding it whether we like it or not.

HSC
N/A
Just a note here - if you can get two copies done, please do - then they have a *nice* spare to whizz off in the event it is needed. :)

My school went for the clear cover/plastic bindy thingo. Trick - get some nice coloured paper or something as a back page. Just makes it look all nice :)

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Hey Timmay, I know what school you go to, lol
Schofield! Its Handy
Hows the major work going??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)