Biggest Distraction During The Examz!! (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
When you drop something in the exam, can you pick it up if its next to you or do you HAVE to let the supervisor come around and pick it up?

creamyman

choose one

well nothing major...but 1hr into chemistry the fire emergency alarm went off...it was a bit distracting considering it was a bomb threat.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I think they take to long to waddle or walk over and pick it up so l just get it myself. Too much information running around my head that l have to get down!

Oh and one of my supervisors phone rang during the general maths exam - idiot!

raidan

HSC
N/A
Anoying distraction for me was the traffic right outside my schools hall, a highway goes right past it and every minut one of those souped up cars with a fricken noisy exhuast pipe drives past. It gets really distracting after a while.

simonj2

hero
HSC
ok, how about this for a distraction

at my skool on friday arvo, i'm doing my software paper, first the bell goes off - fine, kids run past screaming cause it's friday arvo - fine, then bloody bagpipes go off... they must've been going on for half an hour with cadet guys screaming at their 'recruits' give me a fucking break!

cynical

A fly.
Seriously.. in a quiet exam room, with a really freakin' loud fly buzzing around. Really throws your train of thought.

dezzy

HSC
the stupid supervisor in the drama exam this arvo sipping her drink from this mug.

You know wat its like with that slurping noise and how annoying it can be?

Grrr! i couldnt take that for much longer....AND THEN she asked to borrow my pen! can u belive that? tut tut tut

ecka

The smell of coffee from the supervisor's morning tea; accidentally sending your pencil flying and then trying not to laugh; inside jokes that are hilariously funny but you can't laugh, the supervisor's phone ringing; other ppl going to the toilet; your best friend stuffing up the logistics of multiple booklets and having complicated disscussions with a supervisor about how to fix the problem; the guy in front of you doing a really big bakwards stretch; other ppl coughing; gale force winds; the fact that you are so close to finishing but the stupid clock just won't move fast enough

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Silver Persian said:
It annoys me when you raise your hand for more paper, but then the examiner comes over without any, and then has to go back to the front of the room, and walk back again :vcross: :vcross: :vcross:

And all the while im jittering up and down and panicking
My goodness! that has happened to me as well. Except the supervisor smelt really bad of a mixture of urine and b.o. It was so wrong, so i didn't have to deal with the smell just once, but twice!! eeeww :(

MouNtY

i think the worst distraction for me, the friggin supervisors trying to whisper stuff to each other as loudly as possible....i also hate the tables coz they have 4 legs and not just the two that come down the side......i know it sounds really petty but it anoys the shyt out of me

vicchick_007

Eternal student
HSC
SNIFFERS!!!!! I hate people that sniff!!! its 30 degrees on a hot day and there are flies just buzzing around the person infront of u who looks like she hasnt washed her hair since the hsc started and she sniffs!! the whole way thru!! i hate it! i hate it! i hate it so much!!!

cwilson

The roof of my hall squeaks really loudly for some reason and i don't know how the other people stand it.

it does it pretty much all the time and it drives me crazy

also desks that squeak, i had one in ext 1 eng and i was so so so distracted

special kake

haha

the most distracting exam i ever had was my IT trial exam.
there were only 6 ppl in that class, so the exam was in a classroom on the top level of a school building. we had this new teacher supervising, and suprise suprise, eh was aged with a short grey beard. well about 10 minutes into the exam, the bell for the rest of the school had rung and so the hallway did get quite noisy. so the techer after a few minutes of that was pissed off and without hesitation just lept up from his desk and as he proceded 2wards the door, staked it over the overhead projector and flew half way across the room. the class was just luaghing, trying not 2 make it obvious. then the techer started chasing some kids down the hall way, so funny. so in the few seconds he was gone, the class were all looking at eachother laughing. by the end of the exam, a new teacher came 2 supervise and got annoyed that we were just laughing. and of course that distraction broke concentration 4 the rest of the exam 4 me. haha

definingemo

bonnells bay....but i say i live in newcastle
HSC
N/A
my friend was in an exam and the superviser sat behind him and tapped away on his keyboard for the whole exam...without a break...my friend tolerated it though...
but after the exam he went up to the superviser and said "i don't know if this is too much to ask but could you not use your laptop next time?" and of course the superviser said "it is too much too ask and i think you should get your life sorted out and figure out where your at in the world"

and continued to insult him.

so i kinda guess thats annoying. not just for my friend but it annoys me too. grrr.

johnlindsay1

my examiners are really fat toads and cough every five minutes. they have to go outside to cough their guts up then walk back in an unwrap a eucalypt lollie... it is so loud.

HSC
For some reason, my supervisors are actually quite nice. They wished us luck on the AOS exam, thanked us today (or some of us) for being so co-opertive during the exam period etc. And they let me look through my exams for English when I thought I had mislabelled the questions afterwards and they were really nice about it....

My distractions arent so much during exams, but when I'm at home, trying to study ;)

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
charlie_charlie said:
For some reason, my supervisors are actually quite nice. They wished us luck on the AOS exam, thanked us today (or some of us) for being so co-opertive during the exam period etc. And they let me look through my exams for English when I thought I had mislabelled the questions afterwards and they were really nice about it....

My distractions arent so much during exams, but when I'm at home, trying to study ;)
yeh our examiners are really nice to. they dont do any of these annoying things. Today in ancient they had to go through the exam with us to check pages, and the head superviser was crackin all these jokes and was really funny
in our schools biology exam a student had a diabetic turn and had to be carried out by the ambulance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)