• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Big W group interview (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

lol they've been over working me. These holidays I've been getting 20hrs to 25 hours per week plus another 8 hours on sunday at my other job

johony

HSC
lil_georgie_gal said:
Do not ever wish urself to be doing recovery!!! trust me 4 years on its a killer!! Unless everyone else does recovery properly too its a shit hole!! And customers are just as annoying too!!

Wooo only a week of christmas stuff left :D then the sales start :(:(
hmm, in that case i think i'll just change to checkouts. but what about lay by or fitting rooms? how are they compared to checkouts? i'm sick of this home entertainment bs.

one-love

HSC
i've worked checkouts, door, cosmetics and recovery. if i don't want much interaction with the customers... i'd rather checkout lol. HI, scan scan, they pay, BYE.

does big w fire you after the christmas period?
i don't remember if i applied for christmas casual....

P

pLuvia

one-love said:
i've worked checkouts, door, cosmetics and recovery. if i don't want much interaction with the customers... i'd rather checkout lol. HI, scan scan, they pay, BYE.

lol it would suck if they do that

johony

HSC
one-love said:
i highly doubt they would. they would keep you around just in case people start leaving after the holiday period, which usually happens.

ugh checkouts is gross. Layby is a bludge however [but not at this time of year] and fitting rooms is pretty relaxing since you pretty much answer calls, page people and tidy up the returns.
i think i'll just rotate around the three (fitting rooms, lay-by, checkouts). which allows some much needed variety.

what other sections are good?

jannny

HSC
ah... only 25 hours... I wanted around 40 hours a week but I dunno if I can get that being a casual

P

pLuvia

jannny said:
ah... only 25 hours... I wanted around 40 hours a week but I dunno if I can get that being a casual
Mine is the head store in NSW (I think), the macquarie one, and barely anyone gets more than what I get, besides the full timers and supervisors. Actually not many people get more than 5 hours a day that's what I see on the roster sheet for the day anyway. Besides I only work monday to friday, and at this time of the year, 25 hours is more than enough, you get sick of serving so many customers in the day :p

jannny

HSC
so um, Recovery associates usually gets 3 hours per shift.. is that right?

Is it possible to do Recovery then nightfill after? I really need money lols..

Is anyone doing this?

P

pLuvia

I doubt you'll get a lot hours being a recovery associate, nightfill I'm not so sure, just ask if you get be checkout as well

"Chubby"

HSC
johnny: DO NOT AND I TELL U DO NOT DO RECOVERY AT OUR STORE. It will be the biggest mistake of your big w career, u hardly ever get to leave on time, u have to take calls at checkouts and phonecalls ( if there is no service associate in that area) whilst doing recovery which is very very annoying. Plus some of the people who do recvoery in our store are pretty shit so u will be staying back to help. No one leaves until everyone is done.

On the other hand, sorry to break your heart but fitting rooms is taken by the contracted fitting room associates during the week and on the weekend it's usually one of the apparel girls that does it..sometimes 2. But try anyway, itll be good to have a guy work in there :p ahahah

janny: Yes recovery is only 3 hrs and it is possible to do recovery and nightfill if only the nightfill manager really really desperately need someone they will ask the recovery people.

jannny

HSC
I guess doing recovery is good when uni starts

How many hours do nightfill people do? and What time do they usually start? coz I think I may as well do both

YES IM IN NEED OF MONEY ROFL

P

pLuvia

Do we get paid in 15 min intervals? Because I know we don't get paid for every minute we work which sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

johony

HSC
Do we get paid in 15 min intervals? Because I know we don't get paid for every minute we work which sucks
Yeah, it's always paid by quarters of an hour. Mcdonalds employees do get paid extra by the minute, but then again it's Mcdonalds.
johnny: DO NOT AND I TELL U DO NOT DO RECOVERY AT OUR STORE. It will be the biggest mistake of your big w career, u hardly ever get to leave on time, u have to take calls at checkouts and phonecalls ( if there is no service associate in that area) whilst doing recovery which is very very annoying. Plus some of the people who do recvoery in our store are pretty shit so u will be staying back to help. No one leaves until everyone is done.
Some of the Recovery guys (vehemently) told me not to do it as well. The work appeared easy enough..

On the other hand, sorry to break your heart but fitting rooms is taken by the contracted fitting room associates during the week and on the weekend it's usually one of the apparel girls that does it..sometimes 2. But try anyway, itll be good to have a guy work in there :p ahahah
Yeah, i've been told i can't do fitting rooms or lay-by, so i'll just go to checkouts. Boring maybe, but at least i wont be barked at all the time.

Maybe i should give cosmetics a go? :p

Bored.Of.Life

HSC
I attended a 2 hour group interview two days ago for Big W and overall I think I did pretty well, however I'm still waiting for a reply from the recruitment team. how long does it take for the staff to contact all 17 applicants and let them know whether they were successfull or not?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
At Woolworths, I was contacted within 3 days. At Target, it took them 2 weeks.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Phone.. but both were that I got to job, they said that they weren't going to call me back if I didn't get it.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Martyno1 said:
Phone.. but both were that I got to job, they said that they weren't going to call me back if I didn't get it.

Are you still doing both?

Back in High School, I got a job in Target while doing work experience there when I was in year 11, the Manager was happy with me when I did work experience and was offered the job, this happened back in 1957.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)