Big Day Out 2008 (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
mr_brightside said:
fuck yes. BDO is going to be 18 plus this year.

Get rid of all those shit annoying kids.
Also don't have to line up for armbands.
Is it really? Thank God if it's true.
Volta never headlined, they're not good enough to be a headline act. And they weren't great when i saw them

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
mr_brightside said:

sourceplz.

frozenindesire

HSC
my predictions all year have been pumpkins, QOTSA, arcade fire, kings of leon and interpol... all of which have been mentioned and speculated upon

any combination of those mentioned here would certainly suffice however i'm absolutely desparate to see interpol. and if its a good enough lineup it looks like i may be following it around a few states. one can only hope. and the white stripes better not be on the bill.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
mr_brightside said:

Awesome, just in time for when I'm 18. Never been to BDO before.

Actually I probably won't be able to next year either, but maybe '09.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
okay so it may not be BDO too, but I can source the fact that Homebake is going 18 plus.

HOMEBAKE 07 - TICKET INFORMATION

IMPORTANT: Please note all conditions on the entirety of this page

NB: - Unfortunately due to increasingly strict licensing regulations, please note that HOMEBAKE 07 is an OVER 18’S ONLY event. We apologise in advance although rules and regulations have somewhat forced this new policy from hereon in.

Therefore you MUST be OVER 18 (eighteen) years of age to purchase a ticket.
http://www.homebake.com.au/2007/index.html
Click Tickets

Where the fuck did I hear that BDO was 18+.....

genral

HSC
I am planning to go to the BDO next year and I am wondering when the first batch of tickets go on sale, and what outlets you can buy them from and how much they cost

JoshyPutts07

HSC
genral said:
I am planning to go to the BDO next year and I am wondering when the first batch of tickets go on sale, and what outlets you can buy them from and how much they cost
Hey, last year the went on sale 13th October and will probably be around the same this year too. As for pricing, if you get in early (first release) you should pick them up for around $115 each but they go up in the second release and the ballot form.....probably for Sydney seeming it sells out so quickly

I was lucky enough 2 get my tix through the ballot last year and they cost me like $130 each from what i can remember

Don't worry it's so worth it!

hope that helps :)

mr_brightside

HSC
genral said:
If you have to ask you shouldn't go.

jadems

HSC
mr_brightside said:

and where the hell did you hear that from?

as if they would do that to all young teens around Australia, this event is world renowned and meant to bring music to all peoplei can hardly believe that big day out could turn 18's and over.

hopefully chemical brothers go to bdo, it is rumored woo, and arcade fire wud be awesome, also justice :)

Last edited:

mr_brightside

HSC
jadems said:
and where the hell did you hear that from?

as if they would do that to all young teens around Australia, this event is world renowned and meant to bring music to all peoplei can hardly believe that big day out could turn 18's and over.

hopefully chemical brothers go to bdo, it is rumored woo, and arcade fire wud be awesome, also justice :)
shutup woman. If you read the thread properly I later omitted that I had no source for such claims. I did however show that Homebake this year is 18+; maybe I was mixed up, maybe I can't remember where I heard it.

The reason that festivals do turn 18 and over is mainly because of licensing laws. It costs way more to have temporary licensed venues, security, etc than it does to just say 'no minors'. It would be no loss to them because they would sell out tickets anyway.

jadems

HSC
mr_brightside said:
shutup woman. If you read the thread properly I later omitted that I had no source for such claims. I did however show that Homebake this year is 18+; maybe I was mixed up, maybe I can't remember where I heard it.

The reason that festivals do turn 18 and over is mainly because of licensing laws. It costs way more to have temporary licensed venues, security, etc than it does to just say 'no minors'. It would be no loss to them because they would sell out tickets anyway.

yeah sorry man, i read it all complitly after i posted it. it was a heat of the moment anger thing at work sorry ha.

but whhatever

swingsarekool

HSC
i dont know if this has been said before but i know these 2 people that went to see Yellowcard earlier this month, and they revealed to everyone that they'll be back for the big day out.

mr_brightside

HSC
swingsarekool said:
i dont know if this has been said before but i know these 2 people that went to see Yellowcard earlier this month, and they revealed to everyone that they'll be back for the big day out.
ew. you know people that went to Yellowcard?

poor you.

bittersweet787

HSC
Linkin Park would be great, but can do without the Smashing Pupkins... Their new album is shit house.. Except one track...Starz... Bit of a personal attachment with to much alcohol...but still a great song...other then that...i would not spend the money on them..

Better Venue Sydney or Bris? I cant decide...

AFACI

HSC
I can't bloody wait until Big Day Out '08! Last year was so awesome!

My predictions (no particular order):

AC/DC - Rumoured to be finally getting off their arses and doing something
Velvet Revolver - Should be touring quite soon
Silverchair - New album, have just done a national tour. Begin the year with BDO
Powderfinger - As above
Smashing Pumpkins - Thats the latest goss
Linkin Park - I could see it happening but :sleep:

If that were the case. I would do ANYTHING to go!

HSC
AC/DC have been rumoured to be getting off their arses for about 4 years, but they have a dvd coming out soon so perhaps thats the sign for more things to come.
I want arcade fire to come out for BDO, only for a sideshow though.
Pumpkins would be cool and i think its pretty likely that they will come over for it.
Maybe editors, they'd be cool.
I wouldn't mind seeing Interpol again.
Midlake have been touring a fair bit, they'd be good but I'm not sure they're big enough here.
Snowman have been working on new songs, they might be recording or whatever at the time though.
Kent have a new album soon, they'd be a mega cool sideshow. not that they're at all big here.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
editors just did splendour, so maybe not. and there'd be no point having them when i can go and listen to interpol. i want diplo back :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)