Big Day Out '03 (1 Viewer)

N

newfoundglory

hey hey kids, whos goin? and what bands do you wana see etc etc woo for me..DEFTONES..its gona rock

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yup i'm definitely going, i already promised my friend i'd go with her so i've got no choice now haha!

but foo fighters are up right? and like the vines, pj harvey ... SFK maybe?

i hope motor ace and/or george decide to join, i'd be sooo stoked.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
oOo....definately going for FOO FIGHTERS, DEFTONES & MILLENCOLIN!! yAy!!
no SoaD this year :( they rocked last year!

phunky

I am so going this yr again!!!!!!!!! I went last 2 yrs and i ain't missing out this yr, and this time i am 18!!!!! being 18 is awesome... anyway... there's a few bands i wanna c- but of course foo fighters!!!
has anyone got their tics yet? i kinda wanted to wait till after scholies but i'm not sure how quick they will sell cos it's rumored that it will be the last BDo held by these organisers.
LAst yr and the Yr b4 i got the tics 1st week they were out so....
oooh and nirvana released their new album thingy- I was going to getit but i have every single cd by them so it was kinda pointless.... cos there's no other unrelased live tracks toher then ONE unreleased song...

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
Of course i'm gonna go!!!!

FOO FIGHTERS Man!!!!!!!!!!!

cept i hope i can ACTUALLY Get into the D area this time.. arrgh.

did anyone have trouble last time getting in to see grinspoon? i was so pissed off. cos i bought my ticket just to see them.

oh well

ps the only bad thing about being in the D barrier is you cant go to bathroom -- so u cant drink too much water, else u have to lose your prime position

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
homebake = better value

but there are some good names on the BDO list:

QotSA are on the lineup (yay)
kraftwerk would be interesting

ok... jjj website cut'n'paste:

[ Big Day Out 2003 ]
Supported by Triple J

SUN 19TH JAN - GOLD COAST - PARKLANDS
SAT 25TH JAN - SYDNEY - SYDNEY SHOWGROUND
MON 27TH JAN - MELBOURNE - MELBOURNE RAS SHOWGROUND
FRI 31ST JAN - ADELAIDE - ROYAL ADELAIDE SHOWGROUND
SUN 2ND FEB - PERTH - CLAREMONT SHOWGROUND
FOO FIGHTERS, QUEENS OF THE STONEAGE, THE MUSIC, PJ HARVEY, WILCO, DEFTONES, CHICKS ON SPEED, MILLENCOLIN, LUKE SLATER, KRAFTWERK, THE LIVING END, BEXTA (live), RESIN DOGS, THE HARD ONS, ROCKET SCIENCE, PACIFIER, 28 DAYS, FRENZAL RHOMB, THE VINES, 1200 TECHNIQUES

[ Homebake ]
Supported by Triple J

Sat 7th December - The Domain, Royal Botanic Gardens - Sydney

ALEX LLOYD, RADIO BIRDMAN, GRINSPOON, YOU AM I, MACHINE GUN FELLATIO, PACIFIER (aka SHIHAD), PAUL KELLY, SONICANIMATION, PNAU, KASEY CHAMBERS :mad: , JEBEDIAH, GEORGE, 1200 TECHNIQUES, PAUL DEMPSEY (acoustic), GERLING, KILLING HEIDI (acoustic) :mad: , THE SLEEPY JACKSON, ROCKET SCIENCE, THE D4, SUPERHEIST, ESKIMO JOE, WAIKIKI :mad: , BLUEBOTTLE KISS, JET, DAVE McCORMACK & THE POLAROIDS, DAN BRODIE AND THE BROKEN ARROWS, THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT, ANTISKEPTIC, WICKED BEAT SOUND SYSTEM, SALMONELLA DUB, KATALYST, JAMES DE LA CRUZ (The Avalanches), KID KENOBI, DECODER RING, OFF CUTS, SERAPHS COAL, FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY, DARREN HANLON, SIMON DAY (acoustic), LAURA IMBRUGLIA (acoustic), plus more to be announced

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH

homebake got some choice local cuts... :) :)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by luigi_000

cept i hope i can ACTUALLY Get into the D area this time.. arrgh.

did anyone have trouble last time getting in to see grinspoon? i was so pissed off. cos i bought my ticket just to see them.

oh well

ps the only bad thing about being in the D barrier is you cant go to bathroom -- so u cant drink too much water, else u have to lose your prime position
heh heh.....last year we spent the whole day in the D area- cept when we left to go see Eskimo Joe... trust me it wasn't too pleasant when grinspoon was on- every1 went completely psycho- ah but it was worth it!!

mannnnndy

chocoholic
OMG!!!! If the Living End are there I am definitely going!!!! I have been wanting to see them live 4 years!!! And Foo Fighters too!!!! Plus some of the others on the list, but I've seen most of the others live. The Living End ROCKS!!!:headbang:

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
boo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i cant go to homebake any more!

punkasskid10

hey all! yeah i'm definitly looking forward to BDO next yr, if last yr was anything to compare with this yr is going to totally go off! i'm looking forward to foo fighters and deftones. i wish good charlotte and new found glory would play at BDO, i missed them both when they came to aust for tours but love them see them at a big event like BDO. well let's hope they wake up and play at BDO next yr ! :D

Zarnow

Hey Guys,
I certainly am going to the next BDO. I wouldn't miss it for the world! I have had the BEST time the last few years i have gone...
:guitar:
Tell me this tho....
I have been told that the 2003 BDO will be the last because of legal trouble with the whats her face being crushed to death. Does anyone know what the go there is?

shallowdays

revised BDO '03 list with new additions:

FOO FIGHTERS
KRAFTWERK
THE MUSIC
LUKE SLATER
CHICKS ON SPEED
WILCO
PJ HARVEY
MILLENCOLIN
QUEENS OF THE STONEAGE
LIVING END
DEFTONES
RESIN DOGS
THE VINES
THE HARD ONS
BEXTA(live)
1200 TECHNIQUES
28 DAYS
FRENZAL RHOMB
PACIFIER
ROCKET SCIENCE

and just added:

JANES ADDICTION
UNDERWORLD (East Coast only)
MURDER DOLLS
JIMMY EAT WORLD (Syd, Melb, Adelaide and Perth)
SPARTA
GONZALES
XZIBIT (East Coast only)
2MANYDJs
JEBEDIAH
MACHINE GUN FELLATIO
COG
WAIKIKI
AUGIE MARCH
KID KENOBI
THE WAIFS

Confirmed for future announcments:

The Icarus Line
Glassjaw
Sonic Youth
Coldplay
Idlewild
Soulwax (Dj's)
You Am I
Alex Lloyd
Gerling

yeah, looks freaking excellent

N

newfoundglory

excuse me did u just say GLASSJAW? oh shit i gotta go beat off, ahah joke, but now im excited haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)