• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

bibliography (1 Viewer)

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
Yup. Because I didn't have enough words in my reflection statement to show "extensive" research, so I stuck 'em all in at the end. Hopefully it doesn't count in the word limit :D

Seung.Hur

H2O
HSC
I'm sure if they have doubts on your research they'll most likely ask to look up your journal, which should have, in some form or another, a bibliography.

gorgo31

HSC
Yeah, we were asked to do a bibliography with our reports, and just to stick them in the journal afterwards. Don't think it will make a difference if you do / don't - except maybe in the case of verifying authenticity in a marker's mind.

With that said, I don't think it'll help if you're having problems demonstrating "extensive research" as nothing in the journal can be marked. You pretty much have to show that in the reflection statement and in the content of the major work.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
waterbottle said:
so they're not required?? maybe i won't do one, then.
As far as I know they aren't. I'm just including evidence of research in my RS.

bonniejjj

HSC
You need a well-constructed bibliography, and all direct quotations in your RS must be correctly referenced! I don't have time to look this up in the syllabus... but I'm certain a bibliography is required... why else would my school require one?

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I checked the syllabus. A bibliography "may be included in the Journal"

It doesn't mention having a bibliography in the RS at all.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I've just looked up the syllabus and "bibliography" isn't even mentioned... neither is anything about "correct referencing" though the sophistication of the course would mean that its advisable. Bibliography, as far as I can tell is not a necesity, and if you're going to include one where would you put it? Journal? RS?

I have a bibliography of sorts in my journal because as part of the 'report' assesment task we had to write up a bibliography... though it doesn't have publishing companies or any of that.

EDIT- Right, I was looking at a different part of the syllabus... like Jayphen said, it is just one of the suggestions for stuff to put in your journal... They don't even read the journals anyway, so I wouldn't be worried if you haven't done one, or don't want to do one.

Last edited:

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i had to.. i did it in 5 minutes just as i was handing it in!
my teacher told me i had to

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
no, shes a really great teacher, she just didnt tell me i had to do one... i thought i didnt... the bibliography for my story is one line... one line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
There's no reason that you should be required to do one though, cos it's not in the syllabus.

haha, one line

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
yep... cos i used quotes from Jewels book of poems "A Night Without Armour" so it was only that. how stupid

anchor

HSC
I had footnotes in my reflection statement (my teacher said I needed them), but I don't know how you write a bibliography for an original short story.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)