Bias (1 Viewer)

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
OH MY! I could dead set shoot my art teacher... She's a dirty, dirty, smelly rednut... She has a bias opinion as to a students BoW medium... In prelim course we HAD to do installation - why? Coz the dumb rednut made us, that's why! There are 3 people in the class who are doing installations and all got 90% or higher in the last BoW progression assessment mark... Everybody else got 65% or below... :mad: Dammit i hate that biHAtch! Grrr! For five years i've planned on doing film + video, and now i'm gonna freakin' fail my HSC art BoW internal assessment coz of bias... The dumb rednut wouldn't know a good video if it was like her dirty butcher-husbands cokc and smaked her in the freakin face! Can anybody suggest a way to improve my mark, or a way to get rid of my teachers bias, or even better - a way in which to accidentally hurt my teacher? GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! DAMN YOU BIHATCH

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hmm.
the first thing i would do is go and talk to her. don't go all crazy, that won't work. ask why you got a bad mark, what the others did to get a good mark, and if she has any ideas on how you can improve your mark whilst still sticking to the film/video idea that you like. if you think your last mark was unfair, say so. tell her you don't understand whyyou got marked so low, or something along tose lines.

if that doesn't work, then, oh, i don't know... :confused:

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
:chainsaw: :spam: :evilfire: :disco:
thanx saladsurgery! ill try that... but one thing: my teacher doesnt want me to do film/video! she's obsessed with installations! She told us to do something we enjoy and are good at - that's why i chose film + video. I'm good at it (last 30 @ tropfest) and enjoy it! I just don't understand it! Grrr.... is there anyway to make her see that all i want is to do film + video and get credit for that?

1 more

fructis
HSC
tell her you came in the last 30 at tropfest! that is AMAZING!!!!!! congratulations!

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
tropfest is evidence u enjoy film-n-vid enough, the woman has to just stop controlling her students

first tell the woman your dilemma, then try the head of art dept. (if she isnt that person already!), then tell the student adviser - im sure u have like a head of yr 11/12, head of senior school that deals with these types of issues..

at my school, theres already been numerous complaints against certain teachers coz really they are friggen incompetent!

go kick some bias butt!!! :p

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
haha - thanx foxy for the advice, and thanx 1 more for the compliment... Just a shame that my teacher (the rednut) is already the head of visual arts! But i think if things don't get better and she keeps a grudge against myself and other students and our choice of medium for our Body of Work then we will put some action into order to our Directore of Curriculum... So 1 more and Foxy are you doing vis arts this yr?

1 more

fructis
HSC
cmaddogz, i did art last year actually.

You should speak to her rationally, and while you inquire about her agenda, you should also try to explain where you are coming from. The best way to get your teacher behind you is to engage her in your art making process, and hopefully shell get excited!

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
thanx 1 more... i'll give that a shot and see what happens, thanx 4 ur help... how did u go in Art? got any notes ur willing 2 share? wat u do for Bow?

1 more

fructis
HSC
i did well, 98, *gloat* *gloat* :rolleyes: :D, and for my BoW i did a 'collection of works'.

i didn't write any notes for section 1, but i'm happy to pass on my essays for section 2, but they are rather specific, so i don't know if they will be relevant to what you are studying. what kind of notes are you after?

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
WOW! You did awesome! Congratulations! What are you doing these days? Could you just send anything you have for art, that'd be great... I love reading others styles of writing, and seieng the way in which other interpret things... Maybe even find a few ideas, that'd be great... Anything really! Thanks heaps 1 more!:D

1 more

fructis
HSC
im doing arts/law @ UNSW, what do you want to do next year?

yep, my notes are on another computer, so i'll pm them to you or something next time i'm on it.

what is your movie about btw?

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
thanx heaps 1 more...

My movie is about "tongues" and the associations one relates to their life... Like you know when you walk down the street and smell your ex bf/gf's cologne and you think about them? Well it's like that in a way.. I still haven't finalised my idea but it goes along the idea of a man who develops a fetish for tongues... Any ideas?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
you could, i suppose, try to get permission to have your work marked by one of the other art teachers in the school. dunno if/how that'd work, but it's worth a try. also, if you want some essays/notes (most are pretty specific, but i do have some more general stuff too), give me a yell- i have my hsc stuff around here somewhere...

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by 1 more
yep, my notes are on another computer, so i'll pm them to you or something next time i'm on it.
ohh please i want in on that. We didn't have art in year 11 but all the guys that do art came from another school and all ready knew about frames and stuff and i know it all now but i've never been taught it so i suuuckk at theory and no barely anything about artists and art in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)