better to be first in 3u maths or last in 4u? (1 Viewer)

fionarykim

HSC
So atm im in year 11, and my rank for 3u is 11th out of about 40 people
im pretty sure for next year, the 10 people in front of me will definately do 4u

but i feel like 4u is a lil bit too much for me, so im just thinking maybe its better if i just stay in 3u, and come top
but others are saying that 4u scaling is crazy, and even coming like near the bottom will get u pretty good marks
whut do you guys recommend?

Mdzabakly

HSC
Umm, you realize that when they go 2 4u they will still be in 3u class... so you will still be 11th... Ahmmm yea...
also you never know, maybe you will do better in 4u for some weird reason.
in conclusion...
if your in 4u you will still be 11th in 3u
if you stay in 3u, you will probably still be 11th in 3u , however it could go up or down for any number of reasons.

fionarykim

HSC
yeah thats the problem ): because if i stay in 3u i'll be competing against the 4u ppl ><

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
4U only if you have a passion and or you are decent at maths.

Sindivyn

HSC
Either way you will compete against them - try 4u out, I found it helped me ALOT in 3u

ShayK

HSC
you shouldn't worry about what the top 10 are doing actually, it's up to you if you really wanna do 4U.
because, 4U needs alot of work and if you are really passionate about it, you should give it a try, but don't think that the top 10 are doing it, so you should it as well for ranks and marks. I mean you can always stay in 3U and put more effort and be in top 3 :)

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
4U only if you have a passion and or you are decent at maths.
^
Don't just choose 4u for the scaling benefits.
Also don't forgot that you need to invest a decent amount of time into 4u.

fionarykim

HSC
you shouldn't worry about what the top 10 are doing actually, it's up to you if you really wanna do 4U.
because, 4U needs alot of work and if you are really passionate about it, you should give it a try, but don't think that the top 10 are doing it, so you should it as well for ranks and marks. I mean you can always stay in 3U and put more effort and be in top 3 :)
this is exactly what im hoping i can do! but ahh its going to be hard!
thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)