Bets..... (1 Viewer)

Nupil

HSC
N/A
I don't think they'd give an essay question on ESD but probably expect you to tie it into any essay about growth.

I also somehow see something on a conflict of policies/achievement of government objectives ... that'd tie in everything together. Isn't one of the syllabus dot-points specifically "analysing the opportunity cost of government decisions to concentrate on solving specific economic problems and issues"? Has that been implicitly tested yet?

Oh well, I imagine there will be something in the paper on ESD as that's been done poorly before ... so they'll be looking to wanting to re-assess that. Meh.

Damien

Either way we're looking at it, expect the unexpected. The Board of Studies seems to be testing our anger management by asking the things they know we're weak at.

E.g. 2 Unit paper, Modern History (Cambodia), Business Studies

Think of the thing you suck at most in Economics, and I'll put money on that exact thing being a major part of the exam.

StJoeysGal

Im hoping for a globalisation extended response at least then i can bable on bout business studies stuf...
ESD would be good too

I was told on monday that my class hasnt been taught even half of the syllabis we're screwed... thankgod i do business studies..
do you think we could apply for misadventure or something considering we havent been taught most of the course???

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by Damien
Either way we're looking at it, expect the unexpected. The Board of Studies seems to be testing our anger management by asking the things they know we're weak at.

not testing anger management,
more like reveling in the sadistic pleasures inherent to being a hsc exam setter :p

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
i want the essay to be
wot is unemployment and outline the different types of unemployment.. that would rock!!!!

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Unemployment? LOL

THEY would never ask that question for an essay if they do there will be too many 20/20

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by Damien

Yeah bloody Mod Exam, they asked us about a tiny bit of the syllabus (Cambodia) and not surprisingly the majority of the candidates didn't know too much bout it...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
as for the type of essay questions i think they'll ask...

Australia's balance of payments/CAD

and yeah i agree
exchange rates :s will most prolly be in der

They've given us for the past 3 years the option of choosing between... macro and micro in the 3rd section and global and australia's place in the world economy for the 4th section right? ..... if they change it too much... well that'be be really gay of them... but then again they are gay (grr at what they did to the business exam!) ..... my bet is that they'll leave micro in there

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
awww... but i like unemployment.. that would be cool.. .
it better not be about exchange rates.. i know shit all

wog10

if they did globalisation which i doubt.....i think it will ask for why standards of living differ between different types of countries...developing etc
i hav this HIGH VERY HIGH hope that its exchange rate question and how it affect or affected by CAD or even globalisation. exchange rates is too easy as a question alone.
as for section i thinkn why australian govt is restricted in simultanously achieving its economic objectives that woud be mad and monetary policy. fiscal policy is getin old for the guys in the examiners room lol monetary policy and inflation is fresh question.

GOD FORBID ESD OR REDISTRIBUTION OF INCOME QUESTION THATS BLASPHEMY....ESD SERIOUSLY atmost shortanswers!

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by wog10
i think it will ask for why standards of living differ between different types of countries...developing etc
thats wot i reckon as well...but i think it will require a huge amount of current knowledge to get a top mark i.e. you would have to know 'case study' info about the reasons for differences between the levels of development globally, which could mean knowledge of 10 countries or more!!!

GOD FORBID ESD OR REDISTRIBUTION OF INCOME QUESTION THATS BLASPHEMY....ESD SERIOUSLY atmost shortanswers!
if that comes up in the extended responses it will be the end of my aspirations for economics

is a roflcopter
HSC
i still dont know how to write a proper policy/esd
i got a lot of info on policy and a lot of info on esd but none of it sticks together :(

AGB

HSC
if an essay came up that said sumthing like 'evaluate the policies used by the australian government to promote ecologically sustainable development' i would be royally fucked!!

is a roflcopter
HSC
lol
luckily theres 2 choices aye

numg

HSC
lol, the other choice:

'evaluate the policies used in an economy other than Australia to promote ecologically sustainable development'

Majorly screwed!

symo

HSC
im hoping it goes back to 2001 style, nice n open, ie policy mix (can do a huge essay on that) w/ inflation or u/e etc... n something like global n external or internal balance.
hopefully its nothiong weird n out of line,...like all the trials n past papers are about policies-issue + global/protection-external/internal.. anything else ill be screwed like stages of development...or esd caus it really limits how much u can write (quality stuff).. hopefully its nice n broad general + open

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by numg
lol, the other choice:

'evaluate the policies used in an economy other than Australia to promote ecologically sustainable development'

Majorly screwed!

hahahahaha
that would certainly make a lot of people cry

Damien

They won't ask anything about the extent to which Australia or another economy has tackled ESD, because its too limited.

"Australia has not done anything, in fact, we refused to ratify the Kyoto Protocol. In conclusion, the Australian Government has done shit all"

As far as I know, we haven't done anything in respect to price transfers, you know..correcting market failure for not putting a price on free goods (air, water, degradation, etc) unlike the United States who introduced tradable permits (even though its argued that they don't work.)

Environment stuff WILL be in the exam, because the Board of Studies seems to be taking a new approach with the HSC, that being to indoctrinate us with rubbish that will see more social cohesion in the future, e.g. immigration (See English Paper 1 2003, and the School Certificate we sat in 2001), Environment (Economics).

It's hard to explain, but the Government has realised that the environment is suffering, so naturally they're going to put something into the education system which will help the future generations understand that something needs to be done about it.

superboobies!

they wouldn't put in anything about esd as extended response! or would they? <eyes dart suspiciously>

I would love an exchange rate essay, was in the catholic trial :)

but do you think they'll put in one about the economy other than australia that we studied?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)