Best ways to beat the blues? (1 Viewer)

perilakon

HSC
philosopher23 said:
Awesome. Now that is really cool. I wish i could do that stuff. It looks like lots of fun, but knowing my luck i probably would break my neck or run into a wall insted of goin over it. :rolleyes:
Oh, trust me, it is loads of fun, once you do it right haha XD I've only done it a few times right, and it feels awesome when you do do it right =D

Although, I have gotten nose bleeds a few times, bumps and bruises, it's fun! Just don't wear a dress or tight jeans =P

I currently suffer from depression so I'm not really good with these sorts of advice, but really, I just try to hang around a new crowd, friends I don't usually hang around with or I read a book, listen to my favourite music or really, just sleep. I just do something to get my mind off it.

Last edited:

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
go for a surf. Surfing has the most blissfully cathartic effect of anything out there.
Scuba diving also lifts the spirits to such great heights.
And hang with your most positively vibed, life-loving mates.

Zakata

HSC
Definitely do something fun, that you enjoy - anything to take your mind off what you are feeling.

ADMIRAL

HSC
THE SEA IS A HARSH MISTRESS. OFTEN I FIND MYSELF STARING OUT AT THE HORIZON WHILE I IMAGINE MY SOUL BEING PULLED THROUGH MY PIPE AND CAST TO THE WINDS. SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO EMBRACE YOUR DEPRESSION, RATHER THAN FIGHT IT. Arrrrrrr.

ray ban

HSC
listen to some zeppelin, and think about when you had no worries in the world

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
THE SEA IS A HARSH MISTRESS. OFTEN I FIND MYSELF STARING OUT AT THE HORIZON WHILE I IMAGINE MY SOUL BEING PULLED THROUGH MY PIPE AND CAST TO THE WINDS. SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO EMBRACE YOUR DEPRESSION, RATHER THAN FIGHT IT. Arrrrrrr.
lol??

jeff.wong

HSC
Exercise and then treat yourself to a good meal always helps.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Ahahaha, that line jumped straight to my head, and then I realised I was too slow to quote.

I find sleeping is good, unless you wake up, and whatever got you down is still there. But at least you're no worse off than when you started.

Listen to Life is a Highway. Haha, no, really, I actually do that. And sing it in the car, up really loud. Wind the windows down, you know. Be really lame, it makes you happy.

Look at some really breath taking pictures of nature. Also sounds corny, but just looking and appreciating helps.

TV series is also great, haha. Or, read Harry Potter.

Its strange, how many people are affected by depression. Are the numbers increasing? Although, I think there are a lot of older people with undiagnosed mental issues, but they're too embarrassed or afraid to think there's anything wrong and do anything about it. I don't know. Why do so, so many people have problems? Its amazing.

Deathwatch

HSC
Metal head-banging or reading an article about children in Africa it really sobers me up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)