Best Topic You Ever Studied In English (1 Viewer)

ArtOfLosing

HSC
Ok, so what was the most enjoyable/interesting/fun topic that you ever did in English?

For me it was when we studied Buffy for gender/good&evil. I hadn't seen any Buffy until we started watching it in class and it's now my favourite show. We watched all the important bits of season 1-5 (we ran out of time to do 6 &7 lol) and got to talk about evil and how it's shown which I find realy interesting.

Well that's me - what's yours?

"If you have information worth hearing, I'm grateful for it. If youwant to crack jokes I will pull out your rib cage and wear it as a hat."

Dragie

HSC
This isn't on topic but Buffy is one of the best shows I've ever watched (along with Family Guy :D). I have all 7 seasons on DVD and mourn the ending of BTVS every day...myes...I LOVES IT :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
My favourite was probably when we analysed the full spectrum warrior trailer (pc game), the graphics were great [at the time] and we didn't really focus on the actual analysis of the trailer, rather just the fun of the game itself. =D

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i loved AOS both change and journey. we got to analyse a lot of cool texts including simpson episodes =p.

Dragie

HSC
Haha we got to analyse simpsons eps too, it was heaps of fun :) Noone actually focused on the analysis really.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
not as fun as the stuff you guys got to study, but we studied Bridget Jones Diary and Troy which I thought was heaps better than Othello...

s2indie

HSC
damn, our english course seems so boring in comparison.
The best thing i can remember doing is the teacher reading a "short" story for the whole 55min lesson and us laying on the floor, "analysing" the text.
Obviously noone did cause you could hear light snores in the background.

passion89

HSC
When we analysed an episode of Bold and The Beautiful. Lol it was the funniest lesson ever coz we were all imitating the idiot actors on the show. :apig:

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
it would have to be back in year 7.. where we had take a survey of how many ppl watch tv in your class and how many hours.. not sure what topic thats under... maybe under... "the best topic in the whole FUCKN world"!!! LOL

:)

easy target

HSC
My favourite would be studying Catcher in the Rye/Igby Goes Down. I really enjoyed Catcher in the Rye just to read, which is a change from a lot of my english texts.

ladyknight

HSC
Im glad a few people mentioned more academic things, since I loved the whole 'man vs./linked with nature' topic from BR and BNW. Going through it I just thought 'Wowww'... Expanding my brain makes me happy ;D .

samantha_s

HSC
one of the most fun topics was "Love and Romance" (one of my favourite genres) in year 7. after working on it for awhile, the teacher set up an imaginary matchmaking service and you can imagine what happened next.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Umm I have to admit studying Evil in year 11 for Extension English was okay. I enjoyed the Crucible (lol a certain "moment" involving my friend watching the Crucible made it even better) but now we're doing crime fiction. It sucks. :( I'm starting to like Advanced more than Extension and I utterly despise Advanced.

HSC
I really liked studying BNW and Blade Runner, two texts that I would never have read or seen without that topic. I think Blade Runner is really cool. lol.
I was just surprised, because usually I am not in to 'robots' a shit like that, but it was very clever, very nice. Although by the end I hated Deckard and kind of wanted Roy to kill him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)