best textbooks: (1 Viewer)

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
what are the best textbooks for: Prelim & HSC

Business Studies
Engineering Studies
Physics - (currently have Jacaranda yr 11)
IPT

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Business Studies - Business Studies in Action (Got a few state ranks at our school using this)
IPT - Samuel Davis (for good band 6 and further reading), + Heinneman as the main textbook + THE SYLLABUS IS IMPORTANT FOR THIS SUBJECT!! - As it is for other subjects too but especially for IPT. Always refer to it and you can memorise the definitions from the syllabus for exams and stuff.

Last edited:

BiasedBuffalo

HSC
I found the 'Dot Point' series of books to be quite good for last minute Physics revision.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Business Studies - Business Studies in Action (Got a few state ranks at our school using this)
IPT - Samuel Davis (for good band 6 and further reading), + Heinneman as the main textbook + THE SYLLABUS IS IMPORTANT FOR THIS SUBJECT!! - As it is for other subjects too but especially for IPT. Always refer to it and you can memorise the definitions from the syllabus for exams and stuff.
I remember the horrors of reading that book. It was too much and much of it was unnecessary. The Heinemann provides was a lot easier to read, but provided very brief details, though the Davies book is greater in detail.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
is Business in action good, im going to buy it?

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
is Business in action good, im going to buy it?
Well that's pretty much your only choice. or Cambridge.

lol pretty much every school uses BSIA. imo you don't need a textbook for Business Studies in prelim, you can just use a set of notes here and you'll be fine or read your school's BSIA book and makes notes. You'll notice that almost every set of notes here use BSIA haha. I recommend Nerdasdasd's notes :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I found the in2 physics textbook for both the preliminary and HSC course to be quite good as well.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Great books I used in HSC, they should have a Year 11 version also.
English - Oxford HSC
Gen. Maths - Maths Quest
Business Studies - Business Studies in Action + Creative Business Studies Textbook
IPT - Sam Davies (too much BS included)

study1234

HSC
For Physics, I would recommend getting Physics in Focus, Jacaranda and Dotpoint. It's always good to have 2 sources of information: I found Physics in Focus easier to understand, while Jacaranda would offer further 'depth in knowledge'. Use Dotpoint wisely. I know a lot of people don't like it (because they're not always 'HSC-style' questions), but it's a very good revision aid to complement past papers in terms of revision and making sure you're up-to-date with your work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)