Best study guide (1 Viewer)

pscecelia

HSC
YO wasssup nigs, what is the best study guide for modern, ... checkpoints any good? or..excel..or?? and same with ancient.. although I did have a browse through excel and checkpoints for ancient..but I can't seem to find OLD kingdom Egypt, there was only NEW kingdom ....am I looking in the wrong place or are they both is Old kingdom under New kingdom together....and how should I study for them half yearly in wk8....im freaking out since there is SOOO much content..

Kittikhun

HSC
The HTA Guides are the best. In fact, at UNSW bookshop I've seen them being recommended as guides for some history courses. The Excel and Checkpoint ones are too superficial. Also, stay away from Bruce Dennett's one too. That textbook is way too superficial and quite expensive as well.

There's a study guide in the last pages of the HTA guide books that tells you how to prepare and study effectively for exams. And yes, it is a lot of content. It hurts your head to rote learn it all sometimes.

http://www.dymocks.com.au/Search/re...ode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&Ntt=hta+study+guide

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say Expel and Checkpoint are terrible, and the best study from Modern comes from looking at many different sources and not using one in isolation.

Things I'd advise is looking at HTA resources and summaries for your topics from well performing past students, in addition to Historian's writings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)