best place to get car stuff??? (1 Viewer)

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
Hi,

i finaly finish work experience in 2 weeks and then got 3 weeks hols, and need great places for:

alloy rims + tyre installations <$1000

audio system installations <$1000

exhaust installations <$1000

3 grand budget MAX

i know bob jane does alloys, but they dont have white rims.
directwheels doesnt have tyres i dont think!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Check the trading post for rims/tyres expect to pay $1200.

JB Hi-fi, Autobarn, etc take your pick for Audio - just shop around abit. Strathfield will give a discount on anything that big just haggle abit.

Local exhaust shops - get quotes and compare. Make sure that you're getting mandrel NOT crush bent piping.

7th Sign

HSC
look at car fourms for the rims you can pick up very good bargins on them...like 500 below RRP trading post sucks in comparison...

Audio stuff maby once aggain car forums get some good quality stuff and then pay some one liek 200 to install it you will save 100s.....or maby even jb my mate works their so i get like 10% off

as for the exhaust just get quotes of local shops...then compare them to drag down the price

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Heh. Kieran's right - but most shops do not have a mandrel bender. Far too expensive. They have ready made mandrel bent bits of pipe that they weld onto your system. If the welding is done poorly, it can screw up the flow of the exhaust gases within the system. A good alternative is the crush bent piping, but to have a pipe size 1/2" larger instead. That way the loss in size wont affect performance. No nasty welding there.

MIDAS (for exhausts) were ok when I went there, but all that was installed was a cat back straight through - so no mandrel issues there.

What kind of car do you have? You probably only need a non restrictive muffler and a cat-back pipe, and you're set.

gna

HSC
For car audio head down to Campbelltown.

For rims try and import them from Japan.

For exhaust Fujitsubo.

liquimalish

Liquid Malisha- HOLLA
HSC
Wheels- Tempe Tyres, cheapest and quick delivery anywhere, They have a website I just couldnt be bothered finding the address.

Audio- Ebay, is definitely the cheapest, just be weary not many warranty's, overseas selllers etc..

Exhaust- Local exhaust joint will do it, should cost no one then 600, mine only cost like 400

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I got 17in wheels + tyres off eBay for <$1000, just put them on myself, I thought it was a pretty good deal

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
just watch out u know ur exact tire size when buying off ebay.
my cousin bought rims off this guy an he put the wrong size info on ebay so they didnt fit my cousins car.
however he didnt realise that we went to his house to pick the stuff up.
so when he decided not to answer phone calls. he lost his letterbox.

my cousin now has his money back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)